Ppl with ek chains

psycobusa

Registered
i bought an ek chain about a year or so ago. probably has about 5000 or less miles on it. i dont remember the model but its the one for street use. anyway it seems like im having to tighten the chain after every ride. ive probably adjusted 3 to 5 bars on the swing arm. cant believe it hasnt snapped. i just dont see how it can stretch so much after each ride. i have also bought the ek chain that is to be only used with drag racing. ive never had to tighten it after rides. i do like to ride semi hard....a few short wheelies and long rides in excess of 170mph.

is there a stronger street chain out there or should i just use the stonger ek chain they say should only be used for drag racing.

I think they have a new stronger chain for dragging x-ring...I wouldn't get a drag only chain too much maintenance...Once the chain starts to stretch like that it needs replacing and quick...

i bought an ek chain about a year or so ago. probably has about 5000 or less miles on it. i dont remember the model but its the one for street use. anyway it seems like im having to tighten the chain after every ride. ive probably adjusted 3 to 5 bars on the swing arm. cant believe it hasnt snapped. i just dont see how it can stretch so much after each ride. i have also bought the ek chain that is to be only used with drag racing. ive never had to tighten it after rides. i do like to ride semi hard....a few short wheelies and long rides in excess of 170mph.

is there a stronger street chain out there or should i just use the stonger ek chain they say should only be used for drag racing.
Did you also replace the sprokets?

I thought you had to replace them as a set (chain, frt-rear sproket)

jd

i just looked...i have the ek530 DR. looked at ek's webpage and see it says i should get the ZZZ.

also found that the zzz is has 500 more tensile strength but the bad side is that its an o ring chain. the DR is non o ring.

i think i read somewhere you can take an exacto knife and cut out the o rings though

give me some more helpful info. thanks

i also saw schnitz has a drz model with 11500 tensil strength but it says for racing only.....whats wrong with using it for the street???

btw i have a drz chain and its used with my bolt on swing arm ext.....ive done many passes at the strip and havent stretched it one bit.

anyone
rock.gif

My EK chain stretched 10 times(that's not a misprint) before it settled. I too thought something was wrong but it's been fine since.

Back