Powerhouse Left the Org???

@jellyrug you're fortunate enough to have know how and facility to do your own work. For those who don’t are the reasons why me, and so many other shops are around. But for someone to pay top dollar for workmanship like this, why bother? And further more it’s stories like this is scare a lot of people away from having such a highly modified bike.

After:

@jellyrug you're fortunate enough to have know how and facility to do your own work. For those who don’t are the reasons why me, and so many other shops are around. But for someone to pay top dollar for workmanship like this, why bother? And further more it’s stories like this is scare a lot of people away from having such a highly modified bike.

View attachment 1607529

View attachment 1607530

View attachment 1607531

After:
View attachment 1607532

View attachment 1607533

View attachment 1607535

View attachment 1607534
With all due respect, I don’t know you and I have not seen your work. So far all the modified Busas I have ridden with, made me shrivel when I look at the detail and compare it to Japan’s factory quality. I normally just keep quiet.

From using SAE fasteners on a metric bike, to the quality of welding, to after market pipes which destroys the bikes aesthetics. Don’t even get me going on non OEM fairings. Turbo pipes coming out the side for all to see?

You have asked for it though, so everyone welcome to flame me. With respect, in your shoes I probably would have called Frank and asked him what happened here. I would not put the details on a public forum.

As mentioned in my post, no one else would touch it, I have a 2,000 sq ft. shop, that is where it would go.

When I was still young and pretty, working for Mercedes, on a local content development program, I was swamped. I accidentally installed an exhaust manifold gasket the wrong way around, restricting the ports. There was just too much going on. When they put it on the Dyno, it lost around 40 hp. As I had a whole bunch of other stuff going on, they got a tech to pull the manifold and he did exactly to me what happened to Frank here. Thirty years later, I have still not forgotten it and at that time I just walked away from the issue, So I know what it feels like.

I don’t judge folks, just avoid those who have values which makes me uncomfortable.

If you have concrete factual data from both the customer, Frank and BCP, and analysed all of that accurately, you are entitled to your opinion.

In my view that amount of detail is not really my business, just sad we lost someone who gave good input here.

Your entitled to your opinion but your missing the point....

Not everyone has 2,000 square ft workspace or the knowledge and $$$ to do their own work. But thanks for reminding all of us how well off you are :beerchug:

Anyway you slice it that was bad Business and the consensus or majority of the Org with the exception of you tends to agree.
[/QUOTE]

Point taken. BTW, I am not well off, just retarded. (Retired)

I am out of this drama session, this being my last post on the subject.

Just interesting that Mabupa, where this all started has made no comment on this thread. We have a whistleblower who was not directly involved being the most vocal.

Just interesting that Mabupa, where this all started has made no comment on this thread. We have a whistleblower who was not directly involved being the most vocal.
This didn't start with mabupa. If anything it started with Jack, the owner of the B-King now at BCP.
It's not about never making mistakes, we all do that both personally and professionally. It's about how you handle yourself after you realize you've made one. How you address and rectify the situation says everything about a person and/or business.

It was just handled the wrong way. If he came out with an apology and refund to the owner of the bike this would have been a non issue. He could have also turned down the job knowing he was very busy. No real excuses, no one is perfect. I have done a subpar job once or twice as well when working on something but its best to own up to it.

Jelly,

the reason I’m not saying much is because I don’t have much to say. I’m not the owner of the bike and don’t know more than any other member what all happened, besides what has been publicly shared here. I wanted to tune my bike and had no personal experience with @Boosted Cycle Perf or PH, so my decision came down to whoever was easier to get my bike to. That turned out to be PH, because his shop is 20mins from where I was staying at in NY, while on a road trip. If I would’ve been vacationing in Texas, I would’ve removed the power commander and let Rob do his tuning using the method he feels is best. My bike was a pretty simple job...... tune it, that was it. Power commander wasn’t working right, I got a replacement, bike was tuned and I was on my way. I posted about it on my thread.
As for @Boosted Cycle Perf calling Frank.......... let’s just say you don’t spend enough time on the forum to see how heated the interaction can get, so I can’t even imagine how that conversation would go/start.
All that being said, I’ll continue to give my business to the sponsors that help keep the lights on, so If I ever need more work done, I would have to find a way to take my bike to Texas to let a site sponsor do the work, while I hang out with @c10. :)

#BannedForWords ~ #FreedomOfTyping ~ #Welcome ~ #THEoRg *

HARD TO BELIEVE POST NUMBER 45 in that “ NECROPOSTING THREAD “ had something to do with it ?

Last edited:
Well said Miguel.
Thanks @Mr Brown. It really is unfortunate to see @faseljd have to go through this with his new toy and agree with most member’s opinion about the way things have been handled in the aftermath. Unfortunately, we might never get to hear why PH approached the issue that way. From what @Boosted Cycle Perf has posted, it looks like @faseljd will Finally be really happy and I hope twisting the throttle on that monster after getting it back, helps him leave this bad and expensive experience Behind.

I am just curious what Ali did or said to get booted, I have searched and can not find anything too bad, which scares me, either I am overlooking it, or I am not offended and would be in danger of doing/saying the same thing

He got banned for being a Jerk.... Your not a Jerk so don’t worry about it!!!!

He was warned repeatedly by the powers that be and he continued to not heed their warnings. He pressed his luck and they pressed the BAN button END OF STORY.

You know I was new to hayabusa’s and wanted to turbo mine. First I read and read and kinda knew what I wanted. Then I reached out to Frank asking if he’d hell me build a 300hp busa engine on e85... no problem, he helped without pushing sales, without hounding or fobbing me off.. I then changed my own mind and went for a 500hp build. I got almost all my parts from Frank, with millions of questions answered by him and his prices on parts had huge discounts...

Once my motor was running he also helped troubleshoot a few issues I was having. All for free.

Frank is astandup guy and I’m surprised how quick he has been turned on. He helped hundreds of busa owners and given HEAPS of his time for free. How does that count for nothing in this world?

okay there was an issue. Okay it went down bad. But turn your back on him and treat him with discontent and flaming?

I know BCP and Frank were not best mates. I have also enjoyed BCPs YouTube’s and comments here.

respect for years of hard work and help FAR out weigh...

now I’ll probably get banned for this, but it’s my voice and I’m using it.

You know I was new to hayabusa’s and wanted to turbo mine. First I read and read and kinda knew what I wanted. Then I reached out to Frank asking if he’d hell me build a 300hp busa engine on e85... no problem, he helped without pushing sales, without hounding or fobbing me off.. I then changed my own mind and went for a 500hp build. I got almost all my parts from Frank, with millions of questions answered by him and his prices on parts had huge discounts...

Once my motor was running he also helped troubleshoot a few issues I was having. All for free.

Frank is astandup guy and I’m surprised how quick he has been turned on. He helped hundreds of busa owners and given HEAPS of his time for free. How does that count for nothing in this world?

okay there was an issue. Okay it went down bad. But turn your back on him and treat him with discontent and flaming?

I know BCP and Frank were not best mates. I have also enjoyed BCPs YouTube’s and comments here.

respect for years of hard work and help FAR out weigh...

now I’ll probably get banned for this, but it’s my voice and I’m using it.

Why would you get banned for that? Frank didn't get banned he decided not to advertise here anymore...

He is a great guy!

Back