Powerhouse Left the Org???

That is the way you do it !

Working on anything
has to be a labor of love
or bad things happen . . .

:super:

#Ali123Banned ~ #PowerHouseLeft ~ #SuzukiHayabusaTurbo ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
If your cold, Their cold. Always bring the bikes inside! My busa sits right next to the couch. Only rule I was given was to not start them in the house:laugh:

So I am curious and searched but didn't find anything
WHY did Powerhouse leave and ALI get banned?
feel free to tell me it is none of my business
There's a thread which details ali's demise, he essentially did it to himself.
This thread is about as good an explanation for why Powerhouse pulled sponsorship and left as you're gonna get, another member broke the news about it when he tried to contact the owner via PM to buy a battery. Frank (the owner) has yet to publicly acknowledge anything.

Oh the drama.
I’m not one who allows anyone but myself to touch my bikes, and, after my latest experience with a Toyota dealer who I could not trust to change a light bulb (separate thread) the only time any of my wheels sees a stealer, will be for DMV inspection.
But getting back to Frank, I enjoyed his input and knowledge here on the Org. One mistake by not spending enough time (perhaps he had a reason) on a bike should not spoil his proven reputation.
Also, for another to post up pictures of everything that may have been wrong or overlooked is in my opinion not in the spirit of our family here.
I hope Frank comes back and puts this behind him.
After all, we are all human and no one is perfect.

Oh the drama.
I’m not one who allows anyone but myself to touch my bikes, and, after my latest experience with a Toyota dealer who I could not trust to change a light bulb (separate thread) the only time any of my wheels sees a stealer, will be for DMV inspection.
But getting back to Frank, I enjoyed his input and knowledge here on the Org. One mistake by not spending enough time (perhaps he had a reason) on a bike should not spoil his proven reputation.
Also, for another to post up pictures of everything that may have been wrong or overlooked is in my opinion not in the spirit of our family here.

The spirit of this Org has ALWAYS been to be accountable for your actions.....

You can’t claim to be a turbo guru and have members of this Org trust in you pay $1,000 to ship a bike to you to fix. Tell you to take your time and make sure it’s right. Then have the bike sent back and the problem isn’t fixed!!!

Then you ship it to another sponsor on here that deals with turbos..... He immediately identifies the Problem and corrects it!!!

The fact that he didn’t address the issue the fact that he sent a bike back broke and the fact that he just pulls up anchor and ships off without any explanation let’s me know exactly the kind of business he’s running. People who have turbo Busas and are looking for a shop to work on their bike have a right to know who and what they are getting into!!!

@jellyrug If you wanted a turbo Busa or needed it fixed which shop would you go to after hearing about all this???

Last edited:
The PROFESSIONAL thing to do..... The RIGHT thing to do in the “Spirit” of the Org and Family yada yada would’ve been to be honest.

If he would’ve just said “hey I’ve tried several times to fix the issue and have been unable to figure it out. I’ll cover the shipping back to you or if you want I’ll get a hold of @Boosted Cycle Perf and see if he wants to take a crack at it. If so I’ll ship it to him. So Sorry for the inconvenience.”

Guaranteed if he did that NOBODY on here would think less of him or take issue.

Yeah unfortunately Frank really handled this poorly. If once he got the bike he was not willing to put the time in to fix it he should have said so. He could have given a price for the fix and then let the owner decide. Still @jellyrug makes a valid point about forgiving a shop that has been a good friend to the site. But while I believe in forgiving someone I don't forget. That's just a hard one to look past when you are giving your baby to him to work on.

Oh the drama.

The only reason I posted my findings because everyone here knows I ended up with the bike because the new owner wasn’t happy with it. And he wasn’t wrong. It ran so poorly the bike almost died on me pulling out in front of oncoming traffic. I have the whole test ride on video. Frank also said its good to get a fresh set of eyes on it, and was interested to know what I came up with. If it wasn’t so publicly know I wouldn’t of said a word or posted any pics. No one knows about the other PH built bikes I’ve had to go through and retune/rework along with all the other bikes I’ve had to redo from shops you’d never expect.

He wrote the owner a letter saying he spent a week or two on the tune but couldn’t find the cause of the “little blip” in the throttle. He also stated that it’s hardly even noticeable, and assured that it wasn’t a fuel system related issue.

Turbo busas with fmu’s and power commanders were a standard on the gen 1 hayabusas. For a guy that boasts about all of his years of experience with turbo Hayabusas, this set up in particular should of been right in his wheelhouse. After taking the bike for a ride and watching the gauges I pretty much knew exactly what the problem was by time I got back to my shop. Took the fmu apart, and I was spot on.

Yeah unfortunately Frank really handled this poorly. If once he got the bike he was not willing to put the time in to fix it he should have said so. He could have given a price for the fix and then let the owner decide. Still @jellyrug makes a valid point about forgiving a shop that has been a good friend to the site. But while I believe in forgiving someone I don't forget. That's just a hard one to look past when you are giving your baby to him to work on.
I think any shop or any business can have an incident that isn’t typically the norm, once it’s brought to attention the actions taken AFTER that will define who you really are as a business. Sometimes you have to take that loss as a business but in the long run everyone wins if you do. You can eat the labor cost, offer reduce rates, go half on shipping, offer suggestions on another company that may have expertise or a niche in the problem area.

I was concerned in the other thread at how insistent he was in regards to tuning a certain way and attacking basically others that was a red flag for me as I know one way isn’t the only way and I’m weary of guys who can’t or won’t consider alternative approaches.

I’m not familiar with Franks operation but if he has several guys working for him, had an abundance of work at that time, deadlines etc Doesn’t sound like it but, could this be an anomaly of the perfect storm kind of scenario especially if everyone else had decent experiences? But again even that doesn’t excuse sending the bike back in the shape it was as that’s where quality control comes in.

My dad had his own shop (cars) all of my life which I worked as a kid, teen and anytime I was home from college etc So I know you can have bad staff and poop happens but you as the owner have to make it right.

Last edited:
The turbo bking is just the tip of the ice berg. When I was looking at sending my bike out to get a tune. I did my research on this forum and contacted members on here about their experience with PH. That made me go to Rob. The info that Rob posts and the tuning knowledge Rob has made it easy for me to ship my bike to him. I have heard from other members that frank would ask customers to not say anything about their bad experiences. I’m not going to name anyone as they never posted anything on the forum and sold their bikes. I have seen a couple bikes frank has done for sale and the owner will tell you it needs to be retuned. There’s one on eBay right now.

@jellyrug If you wanted a turbo Busa or needed it fixed which shop would you go to after hearing about all this???
[/QUOTE]
As mentioned in my post, no one else would touch it, I have a 2,000 sq ft. shop, that is where it would go.

When I was still young and pretty, working for Mercedes, on a local content development program, I was swamped. I accidentally installed an exhaust manifold gasket the wrong way around, restricting the ports. There was just too much going on. When they put it on the Dyno, it lost around 40 hp. As I had a whole bunch of other stuff going on, they got a tech to pull the manifold and he did exactly to me what happened to Frank here. Thirty years later, I have still not forgotten it and at that time I just walked away from the issue, So I know what it feels like.

I don’t judge folks, just avoid those who have values which makes me uncomfortable.

If you have concrete factual data from both the customer, Frank and BCP, and analysed all of that accurately, you are entitled to your opinion.

In my view that amount of detail is not really my business, just sad we lost someone who gave good input here.

As mentioned in my post, no one else would touch it, I have a 2,000 sq ft. shop, that is where it would go.

When I was still young and pretty, working for Mercedes, on a local content development program, I was swamped. I accidentally installed an exhaust manifold gasket the wrong way around, restricting the ports. There was just too much going on. When they put it on the Dyno, it lost around 40 hp. As I had a whole bunch of other stuff going on, they got a tech to pull the manifold and he did exactly to me what happened to Frank here. Thirty years later, I have still not forgotten it and at that time I just walked away from the issue, So I know what it feels like.

I don’t judge folks, just avoid those who have values which makes me uncomfortable.

If you have concrete factual data from both the customer, Frank and BCP, and analysed all of that accurately, you are entitled to your opinion.

In my view that amount of detail is not really my business, just sad we lost someone who gave good input here.
[/QUOTE]

Sad to see anyone leave....even Ali, I hoped he would cleaned things up but I guess he didn't.

People come, people go, such is life...we don't have to like it but we must accept it and push on I guess...

Even @WuzzaCBXRider left us for a bit and was missed-glad he came back.

[/QUOTE]

Your entitled to your opinion but your missing the point....

Not everyone has 2,000 square ft workspace or the knowledge and $$$ to do their own work. But thanks for reminding all of us how well off you are :beerchug:

Anyway you slice it that was bad Business and the consensus or majority of the Org with the exception of you tends to agree.

Back