POWERHOUSE home run...again

snbusa

Registered
Simple/cheap/effective...1/5 throttle mod. $21.50. Frank told me exactly how to put it together and it works like a charm. Might be insignificant old news to some of you but it's easily the best money I've spent on my bike in the bang for the buck category. It's makes it no sweat to pin it without doing manual gymnastics and makes shifting smoother too. If you don't know what it is or don't have one call him.

Simple/cheap/effective...1/5 throttle mod. $21.50. Frank told me exactly how to put it together and it works like a charm. Might be insignificant old news to some of you but it's easily the best money I've spent on my bike in the bang for the buck category. It's makes it no sweat to pin it without doing manual gymnastics and makes shifting smoother too. If you don't know what it is or don't have one call him.

Is this the R6 throttle tube mod?

Don't know. It was just sitting on his shelf with the words "1/5 throttle" underneath it to the best of my recollection. Certainly no mention of R6. It just makes for a shorter twist to wide open.

I believe its either an R1 throttle tube or something similar. Its been a while since I read up and done the mod but I think a busa throttle is 1/6, R1 is 1/5, and a R6 is 1/4 turn throttle tube. Or reverse order I'm bad with numbers ???
Either way it is a great mod and you will feel it right off the bat w/o any doubts. Can't beat a mod like that for under $30

That might be the mod that you actually add to the existing Busa throttle tube to make it larger and similar to the R1 throttle. Same idea except you don't replace the tube. Either way, a very good, cost effective mod. I bought the R1 tube for $15 if I remember right and it's a great mod! Oh, and the numbers are Busa 1/4 turn, R1 1/5 turn and R6 1/5 or 1/6 depending on which year you get.

Back