Power One rear tire 800 bucks????

It would seem like with that kind of power you would want some slip. Think of racers doing power slides. If the bike hooks in a turn as soon as you apply 400 hp you are going to be shot into the direction the bike happens to be pointing whether it's the way you want to go or not. Sliding is not necessarily a bad thing. As for the front it's probably so unloaded by the power that it's working at 50% or less anyway?
I don't put this thing in a turn hard... its my hot rod..... just happens to be streetable.

Power super sport evo in size 180/50 hooks fine on stock wheelbase with 330hp. Gonna need a new rear at 4K miles now though. Before I had power 3s that had a tad bit less grip, but could’ve been dirtier roads at the time.
I’ll probably be going for road 4 or 5s though because I put on a lot of miles.

Power super sport evo in size 180/50 hooks fine on stock wheelbase with 330hp. Gonna need a new rear at 4K miles now though. Before I had power 3s that had a tad bit less grip, but could’ve been dirtier roads at the time.
I’ll probably be going for road 4 or 5s though because I put on a lot of miles.
I guess that's the gamble im gonna take... im far from stock wheelbase and my old bike at 10 over (bolt on-s) spun like a banshee.

From what I read, being that extended without proper suspension hurts traction because the weight doesn’t transfer.
I bet your bike now with all the proper set up mods should hook your kind of power as best as possible with a good tire.
Every time I spin or lift at 100 now you have to expect it. You’re playing with more power then 50% of road going cars.
My Honda Accord doesn’t even have half the power of my bike and that spins 1st and chirps 2nd lol

I was looking around trying to plan ahead because this seems like a magic tire.... 800 bucks... is there anything else thatll hook big power on the street that isn't sooo expensive? And that's if u can find one of these tires..... why were they discontinued?
So, what’s the manufacturing date and size of your current power one and would you be willing to run a tire manufactured 8-10years ago?

yes I would... as long as they aren't dry cracked... rubber is rubber...
I know someone that MIGHT be able to get some new old inventory tires, but I think they are 180/55, not our regular 190/50.

With 400 hp, my guess is he's mainly concerned with straightline performance. That does seem like an unusual tire to choose if your not using the bike to corner. I don't believe it was designed for center grip. Mine didn't grip any better than an ordinary BT-016. I don't try to spin them leaned over far but I do test them taking a mild corner and the Power 1 spun pretty easy from my recollection. No better or I would have remeber that. What I do remeber is being disappointed in this tire which was my first street/race tire. It was expensive but no better than a cheap one IMHO.

With 400 hp, my guess is he's mainly concerned with straightline performance. That does seem like an unusual tire to choose if your not using the bike to corner. I don't believe it was designed for center grip. Mine didn't grip any better than an ordinary BT-016. I don't try to spin them leaned over far but I do test them taking a mild corner and the Power 1 spun pretty easy from my recollection. No better or I would have remeber that. What I do remeber is being disappointed in this tire which was my first street/race tire. It was expensive but no better than a cheap one IMHO.
u must be confused with a power pilot maybe.... many still consider these the best gripping tire for pro street... its basically a street legal slick...

https://www.cycledrag.com/pro-stree...ndy-leslie-testing-new-michelin-power-rs-tire

u must be confused with a power pilot maybe.... many still consider these the best gripping tire for pro street... its basically a street legal slick...

That looks just like the one I had. JMHO but it was nothing special. IDK---I just wasn't impressed for how much I paid and for the kind of riding I do. It was certainly no eye opener for me but I don't have a 400 hp machine either.

thumb_power1_1024.jpg

I liked the Bridgestone BT-016 better. Ordinary BT-014s were better that the POwer Ones IMO. I'm not sure either one of those makes it or breaks it for cornering a big bike.

thumb_GOPR0470_1024.jpg

If you want a tire that really is a slick and can be used on the street (though not street legal), look for a Pirelli Diablo Superbike Pro. For cold tracks without tire warmers. Pirelli quit making them. That, bar none was the best tire I have ever used. Again, your up against the weight and size of these big sows so a tire and suspension will only make so much difference, it's still a big ole sow no matter what you do.
thumb_P1160197_1024.jpg

For $900, if a couple people who have used that tire tell you it might not do do what you expect it to do, I'd be pretty apprehensive. If people on Psychobike are saying it's the cat's ass, I wouldn't wouldn't swallow that kool-aide. You know how people love to believe hype. This tire would have been HUGE news ten years ago if there was anything as special as the ability hook 400 hp.

Back