Power One rear tire 800 bucks????

That looks just like the one I had. JMHO but it was nothing special. IDK---I just wasn't impressed for how much I paid and for the kind of riding I do. It was certainly no eye opener for me but I don't have a 400 hp machine either.

View attachment 1584091

I liked the Bridgestone BT-016 better. Ordinary BT-014s were better that the POwer Ones IMO. I'm not sure either one of those makes it or breaks it for cornering a big bike.

View attachment 1584092

If you want a tire that really is a slick and can be used on the street (though not street legal), look for a Pirelli Diablo Superbike Pro. For cold tracks without tire warmers. Pirelli quit making them. That, bar none was the best tire I have ever used. Again, your up against the weight and size of these big sows so a tire and suspension will only make so much difference, it's still a big ole sow no matter what you do.
View attachment 1584093

For $900, if a couple people who have used that tire tell you it might not do do what you expect it to do, I'd be pretty apprehensive. If people on Psychobike are saying it's the cat's ass, I wouldn't wouldn't swallow that kool-aide. You know how people love to believe hype. This tire would have been HUGE news ten years ago if there was anything as special as the ability hook 400 hp.
I HAVE ONE on It now....

Back