Power One rear tire 800 bucks????

ali123

Banned
I was looking around trying to plan ahead because this seems like a magic tire.... 800 bucks... is there anything else thatll hook big power on the street that isn't sooo expensive? And that's if u can find one of these tires..... why were they discontinued?

Last edited:
Pirelli Super Corsas if you're looking for corner grip. Go for a 200/55 rear for faster turn in. If you just want to go balls out crazy, I'm sure there's a Shinko that will hook for you at WOT. Super Corsas have great center grip but for how much they cost, there are cheaper tires that are pretty close, I'm sure.

I had POwer 1s a long time ago and I was not very impressed. i preferred a plain old Bridgestone BT-014. BT-014s are pretty good tires too IMHO. Not Super Corsas but they get the job done quite well. I'm thinkin about getting a set again to see how I like them after using more race oriented tires.

$800 has to be a typo. I paid about $400 for a f/r set back in about 2012.
they were discontinued... the prostreet guys run this tire to hook up big hp up top... that's the money they seem to bring now... ill admit they are unreal on the street with over 300 hp... the tire has never ever spun.... never..... by contrast I had a stretched stock busa with bolt ons… 10 over trac arm/stock shock... street tire shinko… and that setup would spin..... this bike with an nlr shock/power one tire / big power doesn't spin...… magic stuff to me. bottom line is I believe the hype... I don't want the bike to spin... it works unbelievable the way it is... im trying to plan ahead.

Last edited:
$800 has to be a typo. I paid about $400 for a f/r set back in about 2012.

Not a typo.....:banghead:

Go on Psycho Bike forum and see for yourself. Guys are charging ridiculous prices for used 1’s!!!

I don’t care how much they supposedly hook unless you are drag racing professionally or betting major $$$ @ the track it ain’t worth it to even consider. Your gonna pay all that money to ride around town for fun on an $800+ rear tire !?!?:crazy:

Not a typo.....:banghead:

Go on Psycho Bike forum and see for yourself. Guys are charging ridiculous prices for used 1’s!!!

I don’t care how much they supposedly hook unless you are drag racing professionally or betting major $$$ @ the track it ain’t worth it to even consider. Your gonna pay all that money to ride around town for fun on an $800+ rear tire !?!?:crazy:
it is crazy.... however... im learning this bike... its all I can stand to hang onto it... I think if it started to lose grip up top it would become unmanageable...… its covering aloooooooot of ground in a short time.... and I fear if it starts spinning at high rpm/speed.. ill become scared of the bike and simply stop pushing it... a shame because the performance envelope is something special to me..... again... I HAVE TO trust the bike.... the most I have seen is 15 pounds of boost.... third gear into fourth... smooth and brutal... there are no words to describe it.... just magic.... the power and the tire..... and if it got loose under these conditions... I dunno if I would ever trust it again.... the power one on it works great... and id really like to go with what i know works... know what I mean?

Last edited:
Look up reviews of the stickiest but also most practical and best priced set from any of the top brands . Try to avoid tires which have a memory , basically that is a real race tire like a slick , but with tread . Also avoid those that need to be heated up a lot before safe to ride in your choice . Best to get a same type of tire set , just so you know designed to work well together . I know you won't need them for cornering so much , but the sports tire are where you got to look Ali .

Look up reviews of the stickiest but also most practical and best priced set from any of the top brands . Try to avoid tires which have a memory , basically that is a real race tire like a slick , but with tread . Also avoid those that need to be heated up a lot before safe to ride in your choice . Best to get a same type of tire set , just so you know designed to work well together . I know you won't need them for cornering so much , but the sports tire are where you got to look Ali .
What other tire handles 400 hp on the street? as long as I get 2k miles out of it that's ok.... also remember bike is stretched out... I have a feeling my weight has something to do with it (278) having great traction now also but im not sure… but im losing weight like crazy... next season ill probably be 200.... long story... but anyhow.. I now trust this magic tire.. and I don't want negative thoughts about traction in my head....

Last edited:
What other tire handles 400 hp on the street? as long as I get 2k miles out of it that's ok.
Well , you really got no choice , you have to try some out I guess at best , but you have to choose something . Massive HP obviously has its limitations , like not being able to ride because no tire exists for that sort of power , other than a fat square Micky Thompson straight line car tire ?

Well , you really got no choice , you have to try some out I guess at best , but you have to choose something . Massive HP obviously has its limitations , like not being able to ride because no tire exists for that sort of power , other than a fat square Micky Thompson straight line car tire ?
this tire does it... at least i KNOW itll hook 15 pounds of boost.... maybe someone with a stockpile will chime in...……………. like everything else about this bike... nothing seems to come easy or cheap, and ive learned to not cheap out.... I always regret it afterwards.

Arm is 8 over Shinko I run to from and at the track Has ~1,500 miles so far
$800 tire is cause of supply and demand, they don't make that tire any more
A lot of people are getting them only to find the Manufacture date is 6 years or so, Not exactly freshies

Buy a power rs. It's a great tire and should hold the power. But it's not just the tire it's gearing, shock set up, and length of swingarm plays and big factor.

Tire PSI as well plays a huge factor as well.....

As with anything you’ll learn to adapt how to ride on whatever brand tire you run. My Busa would break tire coming out of turns like it was nothing with the added HP and stretched arm. I learned how to adapt and adjusted how I approach and exit turns. That and I got really good @ drifting/ powerslides

Same thing with my Harley. I was scraping a whole bunch when I 1st got it because I wasn’t used to the low ground clearance and limited lean angle. Eventually I learned where my sweet spot was and now rarely if ever scrape. Still ride it as fast if not faster!!! Subconsciously I know how far to lean it over and that’s in some of the tightest hair pin turns out there aka “The Dragon”

So I honestly think your thinking too much into it and putting the cart before the horse. For the price of that 5+ year old $800 tire you can buy a few different brands of new tires and see 1st hand which you like and don’t like

Buy a power rs. It's a great tire and should hold the power. But it's not just the tire it's gearing, shock set up, and length of swingarm plays and big factor.
that's the thing... I haven't adjusted anything... its got a macintosh arm... jri/nlr drag shock and power1 tire... hooks perfectly.... I don't wanna change anything...

jrishock.JPG

I went from a Power One to a Shinko Stealth for my LSR Nitrous bike and frankly I couldn't tell a difference. Last year, I switched over to the RS and while it did "o.k" it wasn't quite as good. But, at speeds that I see, I trust the RS a little more.

You should be as concerned with the front tire, as it's the only thing giving you any control, regardless of how much the rear does or doesn't slide, or that you just ride straight line.
Get the rear tire you want, And get a Good sport tire up front, like a Q3. Something that heats fast and sticks.
If your suspension feels right to you, great.
Just remember, bad suspension set up on the front will throw off the rear, and vice versa. So if you do make adjustments, it will likely be needed on the rear And front.
Good luck with it.

You should be as concerned with the front tire, as it's the only thing giving you any control, regardless of how much the rear does or doesn't slide, or that you just ride straight line.
Get the rear tire you want, And get a Good sport tire up front, like a Q3. Something that heats fast and sticks.
If your suspension feels right to you, great.
Just remember, bad suspension set up on the front will throw off the rear, and vice versa. So if you do make adjustments, it will likely be needed on the rear And front.
Good luck with it.
im applying 15 pounds of boost now and alive to tell about it.... front forks I believe are internally lowered.... shinko up front.... im leaving it alone... works perfectly... i would be an idiot to change anything...… I don't even wanna put a new rim and tire on it... but at some point I have to cause it leaks.

It would seem like with that kind of power you would want some slip. Think of racers doing power slides. If the bike hooks in a turn as soon as you apply 400 hp you are going to be shot into the direction the bike happens to be pointing whether it's the way you want to go or not. Sliding is not necessarily a bad thing. As for the front it's probably so unloaded by the power that it's working at 50% or less anyway?

Back