Power Mode A, B, C

OK, so I added 14 more riding miles on my return trip home from work. 114 total.
I stopped and topped off the tank and filled it to the brim as I did this morning.
So, after riding 114 miles in Mode 'C' and taking it very easy on the throttle to accelerate easily to the speed limits which ranged from 45/55 to 65/70,
it took 2.34 gallons
48.71 mpg

I'll do this same route in the future in Power Mode 'A' to see what that does.

I'm pretty happy to see what it did today.

temps were low 70's this morning and low 90's this afternoon....and yea, it hauled my 250 lbs just fine. LOL

Ok, so I finally got to make the same run in Mode 'A'... a tad longer since I filled up here near the house, and I went 128.5 miles... I refilled here at the same station, same pump and it took 2.77 gallons.
That is 46.38 mpg.

pretty close to the 48.71 in Mode 'C'.

Now I know, and you do too. :beerchug:

A mode = Acute excitement.
B mode = Beemer allowed to keep up.
C mode = Chillin with the the liter bikes.

Now I thought everyone knew that? :whistle:

Ok, so I finally got to make the same run in Mode 'A'... a tad longer since I filled up here near the house, and I went 128.5 miles... I refilled here at the same station, same pump and it took 2.77 gallons.
That is 46.38 mpg.

pretty close to the 48.71 in Mode 'C'.

Now I know, and you do too. :beerchug:

within 5%, I think normal variables could account for that, wind speed, tank "fullness", temperature, lunch load, route, stoplights, traffic......in any event, thanks for the study.. nobody else will have to ride around in C-Mode...ever...:thumbsup:

within 5%, I think normal variables could account for that, wind speed, tank "fullness", temperature, lunch load, route, stoplights, traffic......in any event, thanks for the study.. nobody else will have to ride around in C-Mode...ever...:thumbsup:

The conditions were pretty much the same, as was the route, stop lights, and traffic. The mileage was different, but was balanced between 2 lane speeds and super slab limits. The fuel fullness was to the top, so add/subtract a couple ounces of gas if you wish and do the calculations.

I'll do different modes when I do my long ride... that will give more data.

Whatever the final answer... it's all about long distance riding and success.

You are missing the point, as it was a joke.

Where in Germany are you riding?

I mainly ride in the hills north of Wiesbaden, but this past weekend friends showed me some really nice twisties with nice roads.
https://www.google.com/maps/search/johannes+kreutz,+germany/@49.3388182,7.83599,14z?hl=en
Zoom out on the link a little and look east and you will see two roads.

Other than that, any ride on the autobahn and the chance to enjoy no speed limit is really nice. I can legally run her as fast as she will go.

I mainly ride in the hills north of Wiesbaden, but this past weekend friends showed me some really nice twisties with nice roads.
https://www.google.com/maps/search/johannes+kreutz,+germany/@49.3388182,7.83599,14z?hl=en
Zoom out on the link a little and look east and you will see two roads.

Other than that, any ride on the autobahn and the chance to enjoy no speed limit is really nice. I can legally run her as fast as she will go.

I spent 4 months in Leubeck last year. Not may bikes on the Autobahn and if you find them, most do around 130km/h. Great riding with family around the Black Forest though. Off the Autobahn, speed restrictions very strict and lots of cameras.:rulez:

jellyrug, the majority of the bike are on the secondary road for the love of the ride and scenery. The link above is the Johanneskreutz route. There are 3 roads and in the middle is a restaurant where riders hang out. It's a great place to shave off those "chicken strips" that go untouched.

The B-King pre-dates the Gen-2 but only got A/B modes.

I tried the B-mode about 7 years a go, but Avnet touched it since.
All it seemed to do was cut off top end performance.

In A mode the bike is very smooth, predictable, grunty and controllable.
I've been caught out in storms, floods and bad weather, never once thought about
putting the bike in B-mode, its so easy to ride.

The theory with mode B-King owners is if you need a castrated version you shouldn't be on one.

I'd much rather have two full power versions, a soft smooth one and a more harsh aggressive one.

Is it just me or does the engine seem happier in A? I feel like just starting out from a start, A mode just feels smoother, once RPMs are up a little, C is smooth.

Am I off base on this?

Thanks to be honest I have not even tried the other modes I just leave it in A the super fat torque of this engine makes it very easy to control and ride in any condition IMO :thumbsup:

Is it just me or does the engine seem happier in A? I feel like just starting out from a start, A mode just feels smoother, once RPMs are up a little, C is smooth.

Am I off base on this?

Think of the modes as a belt around your neck. A mode is all the way lose. B mode the belt is tight, making it hard to breathe. C mode and your losing circulation and breathing is minimal.

C mode is smooth to optimize everything for economy reasons.

Back