Power issues

discgolfwizzz

Registered
First off hello everyone :)

Now my problem....

I have a 2006 Busa.... When I put my bike in neutral it will not display on the panel that it is in neutral even though it is, when I put the kickstand down it shuts right off. Also something is eating all my electric power. I just went and bought a new battery and I am still having the issue of having to recharge the battery.
Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

First, let me welcome you to the board. :welcome: Now, I hate electrical problems as there is rarely a simple fix one can point to and that be the end of it. The neutral issue concerns me but I dont know what would cause it. As far as the battery, have you checked to see if the bike is pulling amps with the key off? Tell us what modifications the bike has, alarm, kill switch, etc?

The gear position sensor could be bad. Do you have a tre? Could be the issue too

The service manual has a step by step on diagnosing draw and charging issues

I have a 01 Hayabusa Gen 1 and when I connect the battery wires up I only get these two lights that are on as shown in the picture even with the key off and the start switch off. When I turn the key on nothing happens as the same when I flip the start switch too, no gauges no fuel pump priming no headlights or break lights just nothing. I've checked all the fuses and the main fuse too. I've checked all wires and connecters and I've checked the battery it all checks out good. Can someone please tell me what's going on with the bike.

Screenshot_20220916-194122.png

^^^ Team, we have begun to respond to this in the first copy of this post.

Back