Power for HID

Z-Faucon

Registered
I am going to install my low beam HID this weekend on my K8. I'm yet to find the infamous switchable power plug that is supposedly behind the gauge panel. But if I do find it, can I use it as a power source for my HID or do I have to run a wire directly to the battery ?

??? The connector that plugs into your low beam is your power. It plugs into one of the two boxes that comes with the HID's.:thumbsup:

I should have said that I am also to install a delay relay with the low bean HID. 2 of the delay relay wires should go to the incoming headllight power and the other 2 wires to the HID ignitor?

just wire it up into the regular light plugs. Hold the start button in when you turn on the key, wait for the all the lights to settle down, and pull the clutch in, bike starts, release the start button and the HID's will light up.

just wire it up into the regular light plugs. Hold the start button in when you turn on the key, wait for the all the lights to settle down, and pull the clutch in, bike starts, release the start button and the HID's will light up.

+1 I just gave the same reply to another member on the other HID thread! Great minds think alike. Funny how many people I have shared this with that did not know about it. :thumbsup:

I do appreciate your suggestion for the HID w/o the relay. But I did purchase the replay, I like to use it for a 15 sec delay. I did not purchase the e-bay delay but the smaller relay from tripageled. I have the McCullogh HID with ballast and igniter. So... if any one has this set up and can give me a clue how to wire, b/4 I screw it up, I appreciate it.

I never had a relay or switch on my HID's on my 02' for 2 years they worked fine, and were still working fine when i sold her......overrated if you ask me

:welcome: Do a search for hid install and it will come up. I just read several of them with pics twp weeks ago. The delay switch that is.:thumbsup:

Back