Power curve with full sys & PCIIIr

chain

Registered
For those of you who have run full systems with PC on your busa, what has moving away from the stock exhaust system done for you in terms of how linear your power curve is?

What I'm driving at here is, I don't race. I'm a street rider who spends more time in the low to mid-range than he does in the upper reaches of the powerband.

As such, I'm worried about spending alot of money on a full system and PCIIIr only to move my bike's power delivery to the top half of the tach where I won't tap it all that often. (So I wonder if I ought to simply get a nice set of slip-ons and be done with it.)

The BDE Hindle system seems like one of the better values out there, but I also like the Akro EVO as well as the full Arata and Sato systems. The TiForce is a nice looking full system as well and is reputed to make good power, at least according to what I've read.

Comments on any/all of the above is appreciated, and don't forget to tell me what system you're running when you relate your personal experiences. I'm looking to do some winter modding to my '04 LE and I want to make sure I spend it in the right place.

Thanks in advance!

<!--EDIT|opdsgt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097501073 -->

WHAT I LIKE MOST ABOUT GETTING MY 4-1 IS THE WEIGHT THAT I LOST. (HINDLE BDE G3,BDE PAIR BLOCKOFFS,PCIIIR.)
AND OF COURSE THE OBVIOUS POWER THAT I PICKED UP.
THE POWER CURVE IS AWESOME FROM 0-10,000. HAVENT BEEN TO 10,800 YET

I also have the BDE Gen3, PCIIIR, BDE pair block offs, and the BDE air box mod. I have not lost any low end power or torque as far as I can tell ( although they say you loose some torque down low from the air box mod). Like BLU88 said it has picked picked up power from idle to redline. It also has better throttle responce than ever since my install.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097554816 -->

I was wondering if anyone had anymore comments about this question. I am looking at doing the same thing and was also very curious about where the power delivery is with a full system. Anyone?

Does anyone have any dyno results, seat of your pants is a hard thing to measure from one person to the next. Thanks.

Still THough... You gotta wonder if 8-12 HP stacked on the top end is really worth the Fuggin Grand or so your going to spend. Improved throttle response? Maybe just add a PC or just have it tuned by someone who knows what they are doing, hell adjust your idle...

Otherwise... I dunno... Just throwing the thought out there, what the fug is the point of another 10 horsepower on a 155HP bike??? Noise? Braggin Rights? bobo Swinging???
laugh.gif

Just a thought.

From my point of view it's all about fuggin preference, a hobby if you will, tinkering with our toys. Otherwise??? Unless your a 1/4mi regular or track junky, what's the point, the reality...
rock.gif

Still THough...  You gotta wonder if 8-12 HP stacked on the top end is really worth the Fuggin Grand or so your going to spend.  Improved throttle response? Maybe just add a PC or just have it tuned by someone who knows what they are doing, hell adjust your idle...

Otherwise... I dunno...  Just throwing the thought out there, what the fug is the point of another 10 horsepower on a 155HP bike???  Noise?  Braggin Rights?  bobo Swinging???  
laugh.gif

Just a thought.  

From my point of view it's all about fuggin preference, a hobby if you will, tinkering with our toys.  Otherwise???  Unless your a 1/4mi regular or track junky, what's the point, the reality...  
rock.gif
did you read the whole post. his bottom end and midrange is powerful as heck.
PM him and see what he says.
Proper mapping is for rideability the bouns is more HP and torque

Rev you have to realize HP is expensive. I guess there are some thats satisfied with the busa as is but most of us want more power even if we have to pay $100 per horse. I am also a "track junky".
biggrin.gif

Back