Power Commander

ThatGuyD

Registered
So I just purchased my 07 Busa and was giving it a good once over before taking it for inspection. New chains and sprocket, a new set of rear brakes. I pop the rear hump off and lift out the paperwork in it, and underneath is a Power Commander. How do I tell what this thing is setup for? I'm still new to the Busa, but I know it has a Alienhead exhaust on it. I'm pretty sure the other day I was shifting and didnt really pull the clutch in and it slid into gear like butter, so possible the speed shift is enabled?

Safely assuming the lights on your PC illuminate when the bike is running and it runs and idles good, it's either running a basemap or tuned for the mods on the bike. Stock filter or aftermarket? Full exhaust or slip on? Gearing stock or aftermarket up/down?

Haven't gotten to the air filter yet. The exhaust is a slip on from what I can tell, and the sprockets were stock when I took them off and I replaced them with stock (17/40)

The transmission can be shifted with out the clutch if you come off the power while doing so. This can be done without a speed shifter, you need a speed shifter to do it with throttle wide open. Check hardware to see if you even have one, having a pc doesn’t you do.

You connect to a PC using a laptop, tablet or desktop, anything with MS Windows and a USB port. The cable is USB (computer side) to mini-usb which looks like a trapezoid (Power Commander side.) Install Dynojet's software for your Power Commander version. When you connect the cable and open the software, the software automatically retrieves the map (or you can do it at will via a function in the software.) The map will have a name and comments inside of it. Comments should be on by default but if you do not see any notes then you may need to enable comments in the software menu.

Note that the fueling can be edited without updating the comments, for example, if someone took a stock map, modified it, but did not change the comments to reflect the changes. If there is the name of a tuning shop in the comments that may be helpful as you can contact the shop and potentially get other information about the bike.

Back