Power Commander V, map downloads won’t work!

Kiwi Rider

Registered
I’ve been on the Dynojet website, logged in, trying to download maps but nothing I try will make the download work...
Can anyone help with suggestions please?
I’m frustrated and need a map for a triumph speed triple I’m working on, thanks.

In case we may help please post the year, filter and exhaust. Also if it does not give away any personal information post a screenshot. Snipping Tool in some Windows versions easily lets one copy any part of the screen and save as an image.

Try another browser. I go to IE for legacy sites that work like garbage because everyone used to program for IE.

The last I recall, one makes a request and the site sends an e-mail with a link to the map. So without seeing what you just went through the first thing I wonder is if some web control did not work and offer you that or perhaps it did not display the resulting error. Thus the suggestion to do the same thing in another browser and see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zee
I thought I should be diligent and simulate this to see what you are dealing with @Kiwi Rider. Dynojet changed the site since I last remember. While logged in I can select any map and it immediately downloads.

So if you were logged in, looking at a map list, selected one but nothing happened, I wonder if you can check the browser's download directory? Sometimes these browsers do not have a clear indicator that they downloaded a file. Also, the browser file menu may have a shortcuts to its download folder.

Or I wonder if one your browser or antivirus is preventing a download, or it is asking for approval but it is so small on the screen that you missed it. (Happened to me a million times.)

I always change my browser download directories to a common, easy to access folder so that I never have to search for this stuff, for example: c:\downloads.

I do not think I can attach anything but pictures here so I do not think I can retrieve a map file for you.

I thought I should be diligent and simulate this to see what you are dealing with @Kiwi Rider. Dynojet changed the site since I last remember. While logged in I can select any map and it immediately downloads.

So if you were logged in, looking at a map list, selected one but nothing happened, I wonder if you can check the browser's download directory? Sometimes these browsers do not have a clear indicator that they downloaded a file. Also, the browser file menu may have a shortcuts to its download folder.

Or I wonder if one your browser or antivirus is preventing a download, or it is asking for approval but it is so small on the screen that you missed it. (Happened to me a million times.)

I always change my browser download directories to a common, easy to access folder so that I never have to search for this stuff, for example: c:\downloads.

I do not think I can attach anything but pictures here so I do not think I can retrieve a map file for you.
Thanks for doing that, I have checked my downloads folder, nothing there.
When I click on the download icon to download the map I want, all that happens is a quick flash of the screen, I wait.... nothing else happens.
I do have their software downloaded too
The entire process is a total PITA!
I use Mozilla browser and run malware bytes free version, it’s never prevented a download before.
I dunno, I’m not that good on computer problems diagnosis.

Yes, that flash is likely security interrupting the download. If you were Flash Gordon you could printscreen and capture the message on it as it says something. Stupid buggy software.

Go to the start menu and just start typing "explorer" and IE will come up. Login through that browser. If malware bytes is not configured for IE it could work, or otherwise work correctly and give you a dialog that lets you accept the file. The next attempt is to login through a smart phone but they tend to require Dropbox or some app to get files to another device. So if you are not using such already forget that.

Or skip it all and message me the map you want and your e-mail address. I will personally e-mail the file to you if you like. As Homer says, "Can't someone else do it?" Sure! That's really the best way: Tell someone else to do it!

You can add exceptions to Malwarebytes:

Malwarebytes for Windows exclusions

1) Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
2) Click Settings, then click the Exclusions tab.
3) To add an item to the exclusion list, click Add Exclusion.
4) Exclude a web site

try adding: dynojet.com

Try the download again.

Back