Power Commander USB

TechMaster

Registered
I am looking to install a 4 into 1 Hindle system and would like to remap when done.

Question:
If I buy the Power Commander III USB, do I still need a TRE to overcome the Speed Limiter on my 04? I don't want to waste money on a TRE if the PC III will take care of the "governor" anyway.

Sorry, my son clicked enter before I was completely done with my question.

Secondly, are those of you who purchase a Power Commander happy with it? What kinds of problems might I expect after installing one, if any. Thanks in advance.

I have the pc3r/  I am truly happy with it thanks to maps sent by johnnycheese, cache and Big E (i think)  Johnny states with a good map you don;t need a TRE for streetability.  But to go over 186 yes you do.  I have the best of nboth worlds.  The switchable TRE.   SO my map (thanks guys)  takes care of me while cruisin and my switch takes care of me while BALLIN!!!!!!!   BITCHES!~!!!!
laugh.gif

atre.jpg

The likelihood of you ever getting over 186? between 0 and .1% The TRE is a psychological mod, in my opinion. Half the people on this board arent even sure if their mod works, and some say the mod is different from one year to the next. Dont waste your money.

Just got the bike back from the dyno tuner with the PC IIIUSB. Tuner (VERY good one) said it was the first busa he had done with the PAIR mod and he thought it made tuning it a TON easier AND smoothed out the AIR/FUEL curve too. He was skeptical when I told him the PAIR was done to it, but hes now a believer. The power curves and throttle response are SAH-WEEEEET now.

Spend your TRE $ on a the BDE PAIR mod instead and pay for custom PCIII mapping at a certified dealer. It was worth it to me!

Actually, yes... I am probably going to go past the 186 limit. In fact today on a ride with a friend I could not get it past about 180. All of a sudden it just stops making power, I suppose that I hit the limit, but it came a bit earlier than expected.

I do believe that I would be able to confirm if the TRE works or not.

I believe that more people probably push the limits of their busa's than you think, at least once.

I've had my 99 maxed out many times.......just need a long road with no side roads coming in.......IMHO: Why buy a Busa if ya don't use it........but that's just me, speaking for me!!!
To each his own!!!

Damn right on I-295 early mornings it is wide open.  It only takes you a few seconds to get up to that speed (literally)  I like being able to pull till she pulls no more.

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082296547 -->

TechMaster, where in Kansas are you? There are a couple of 'Busas around KC and we are trying to link up. Would like to include you and any other riders you that would like to go.

BigBSBusa, I live in El Dorado. Just outside of Wichita. That would be cool to ride in your neck of the woods sometime. I have a brother living in Overland Park so I could justify the trip to KC for a couple of reasons. My email is brianpo@cox.net

Cool! Hope we get to work out a ride! And for the record, I wasn't trying to hijack your thread. I'll send you an e-mail.

Sounds great, GeebMan! Definitely the more the merrier! How are things in Omaha?

Cool, that would be great to get a bunch of Heartland riders together in the KC area. I just provided my email for your contacts for future rides, I am more likely to check my email. Hey BigBSBusa, is it like freakin windy in Leavenworth today? Wind is gusting over 40MPH here. I think I will be staying home today.

Life is good here in Omaha. Had some great riding weather these last few days. Sunny and mid 80's and I wasn't working either day... I love this time of year.

Cool, that would be great to get a bunch of Heartland riders together in the KC area.  I just provided my email for your contacts for future rides, I am more likely to check my email.  Hey BigBSBusa, is it like freakin windy in Leavenworth today?  Wind is gusting over 40MPH here.  I think I will be staying home today.
Winds are reported at around 15mph with gusts up to 30mph. There is supposed to be a few folks getting together to go ride in about an hour, but we will see! I'm like you and don't really like to fightin' the wind too much when I'm ridin'!

Cool, that would be great to get a bunch of Heartland riders together in the KC area.  I just provided my email for your contacts for future rides, I am more likely to check my email.  Hey BigBSBusa, is it like freakin windy in Leavenworth today?  Wind is gusting over 40MPH here.  I think I will be staying home today.
Winds are reported at around 15mph with gusts up to 30mph.  There is supposed to be a few folks getting together to go ride in about an hour, but we will see!  I'm like you and don't really like to fightin' the wind too much when I'm ridin'!
But I went anyway and had a pretty good time. The 45 degree lean into the wind didn't make things very fun though! Wow, that was a draining ride!

Back