Power Commander troubles

Okibusa

Donating Member
Registered
I took my 'Busa out this weekend. After about 10 kilometers, she started sputtering like the fuel filter was clogged. I knew the reaction well because, my fuels filter was clogged about one month ago until I had it replaced. So I took her to the bike shop and dropped her off. I call the mechanic today and he told me that it was my power commander. He said that he checked everything out and everything was fine. He disconnected the PC and then the bike worked fine. He then said that PC's and 'Busa are not a good combination because he see this problem all the time.

My PC wasn't the perfect map, I know. But she was running pretty well before in gear 1-3. She would run a little rough in gear 4 and 5.

I sent out a help signal in this group a little over one month ago asking where can I get a good map and someone suggested that I contact a member of this group, which I did. But, and there is always a but, before I could complete the worksheet that he sent me, I accidentally deleted his E-mail.

Anybody out there got any clues to how I can get rid of my blues???

Thanks

I don't have one for your mods, sorry. You might want to try PMing Quasar over at suzukihayabusa.org. I believe he does custom maps for a small fee.

One of our riding group had probems with his PC as well. Started bellowing black smoke all of a sudden and running rough. One other guy removed his PC from his busa as well when it began running rough. I think the PC works fine with certain mods and the right map but where most problems occur is trying to set up your PC without a dyno. Our local race shop can put your busa on the dyno and set a perfect map for your way of riding. Without the dyno, it's a guess and by golly?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
Just my 2 cents worth?

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

I had my spark plugs replaced at the same time I had my fuels filter replaced, about one month ago.

What mods? Lots of maps out here, somebody should have one that works.

Thousands of PC's out there, if they were "usually" a problem I can't imagine so many peeps owning one...
rock.gif

There really ain't a whole lot to go wrong with a PC...he11....it's justa small memory board with fancy lights that spits digitized info on top of your ECU....and if some mechanic did tell me it was my PC?...i'd be contacting dynojet asap..to get their faulty product problem resolved...however?...there is some sneaky little shid that can and does happen to some folks...and it's often times the simple things..like?.....

1. The PC installer "NOT USING DI-ELECTRIC GREASE" at the plug connections to seal out moisture and prevent terminal-too-terminal corrosion.

and/or?...

2. "Improper Grounding"...as a result of neglected over time ground cable ends.

either of which can cause volt/amp irregularities which in turn could jumble the digitzed information within...thereby..."Blowing Your Map".

and i would be willing to publically speculate that this is the case with many commission motivated, low-observance mechs who jump to the conclusion that it must be the customers aftermarket electronic tuning gizmo's fault..as they rush to rip it outta there...fire it up...and then happily inform their customers that.."We found the problem and we solved it"...and maybe so...but?...they didn't "Fix It"...as the unwary customer curses the day he heard the words "Power Commander" and then tosses his (just neeeds to be re-mapped) PC into the closest roundfile....or?...calls up dynojet...to learn what was just read here. LOL!!!

Clean up the connectors and battery terminal end....then reload your map annnnd...then use dielectric grease when putting it all back together....annnnnd....i bet it still works!
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Food for thought here bro. When loading any maps on you PC make sure you go up top and click on the power commander under that you will find reset buttons click on that it will wipe out all previous setting and allow you to down load only the map that your down loading if you don’t do this there could be possible eminents of another map or old button setting left in the memory .

Thanks for all of the comments. I already contacted dynojet about returning the product. However, I will try cleaning up the ground wire and other connectors first, then delete old map and install a new map.

Thanks

Back