power commander tech/ airbox mod

craigntx

Registered
my yoshi trs is on the way!
now need a pc and airbox mod
is there one pc thats better than any others?
is there one to stay away from?
also how to mod the box.
thanks

Your sig doesn't list the year of your bike, but I think there's only two options:

1. Power Commander III USB (I think it's for 2002 and above -- correct me if I'm wrong). Uses USB for connectivity, and has a slightly better GUI.

2. Power Commander IIIr - standard serial connection, but can also modify timing pulses. That's not really necessary for a stock bike, but if you're doing turbo/engine work, it's a definite must. To do the timing thing with the USB, you have to buy the timing module which practically doubles the cost.

If I'm wrong on any of this, let me know, and I'll edit.

DynaJet is the PC...
Get the DynaJet PCIIIUSB...
And then get a map from someone on the board to match your mods...

David

Dynojet PC3 USB is the one to get
biggrin.gif

Your sig doesn't list the year of your bike, but I think there's only two options:

1. Power Commander III USB (I think it's for 2002 and above -- correct me if I'm wrong).  Uses USB for connectivity, and has a slightly better GUI.

2. Power Commander IIIr - standard serial connection, but can also modify timing pulses.  That's not really necessary for a stock bike, but if you're doing turbo/engine work, it's a definite must.  To do the timing thing with the USB, you have to buy the timing module which practically doubles the cost.

If I'm wrong on any of this, let me know, and I'll edit.
good info here--

Back