power commander ques. pcII

nolo263

Registered
hello i asked this before i didnt really get a good reply i got my bike with the powercomander already installed. no instructions no other parts that came with it. what do i need to install a map do i need to download software onto my computer to be able to download the map to the pcII someone please help. thanks in advance.

It sounds about right what you just described, have you tried to check the manufacture's website?

#1, Welcome to the board! The next thing, you're gonna need a few pieces and parts to get this job done.I reccommend that you find a Dynojet dealer and tell him that you need the communication cable for a pc2, once you have that you can proceed.Next you're gonna either need a laptop or move your computer somewhere near your bike,so long as the cable can reach from the computer to the pc on the bike, doesnt matter where.The next thing you need to do is download the PC2 software from dynojet.com,once you've done that,go to the downloads section,then to map database,locate the map that best describes your bike and the mods you're sure of,then save that file somewhere on your computer that you can remember.Next you connect the computer to the bike (PC2), turn the key to the on position,Open the pc2 software,brouse for a map, (the one you just saved preferably),once you've right clicked on the map, the software will give you the option to send or load map., click send or load, once its finished, you'll get a message that either says no power commander found OR load successfull, the latter is the one you want. Then you close all the windows, unhook the cable and go test your bike.If the bike is worse,you've probably loaded the wrong map for your combination.There are some really good tutorials on the web site if you're having trouble understanding my directions. Hope this helps you though!NJ.:)
smile.gif

Back