power commander problems?

snappy

Registered
hello i have a 02 busa with yoishi full exhaust,air box mod and pc3r bike has trouble starting and every once and a while during a ride it will sputter and pop thinking it was the pc3r so i re mapped and it got worse so i took it off and all is good any thoughts? thanks JR

Poping sound is probably because you didn't do the PAIR mod when you did your exhaust...

You could be running too lean on the low end of hte PC... Use the buttons on the PC to up 1 bar on the low end and this will increase full a percentage on hte low end of the RPM band...

When I had detuned my PC too much on the low end, it wouldn't even start...

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127689752 -->

and welcome...
biggrin.gif

hello what exactly is the pair mod is it the 3/8 hose on the bottom of the air box? if so i pluged it if not maybe thats the deal i tried fu@#ing with the pc and ther was little to no diference so i think i should send it back to dynojet? i am new to the busa as of thursday but have been working and riding bikes my whole life much better than my R1 sooooooooo much more relaxing and the wife digs it too. thanks

Poping sound is probably because you didn't do the PAIR mod when you did your exhaust...

You could be running too lean on the low end of hte PC... Use the buttons on the PC to up 1 bar on the low end and this will increase full a percentage on hte low end of the RPM band...

When I had detuned my PC too much on the low end, it wouldn't even start...
How do you use the buttons on the PCIII to up it 1 bar? I have the Micron map installed. It runs a little lean. I want to make it richer. I just can't seem to get the buttons to work.

I have a PCIII on my Busa and after about 1500 miles of use Dynojet replaced it... I was having firing problems caused by the PC, it would fire only 3 cylinders.

At first it did it maybe 3 or 4 times over a period of 3 weeks, only lasting like a second each time. But it got worse after, when it would even start on 3 cylinders and stay like that. I confirmed the problem by bypassing it... Took 2 weeks and got a new unit back from Dynojet.

Might have nothing to do with your problem but just a reminder that PC's are prone to failure too...

I have the same problem with mine as well, I unplugged the PC3R and it seems to be fine... I will probably uninstall and reinstall the map that came with it... I'll keep you guys and gals posted... Hey Snappy we difinately have to hook up and do some riding Bro
wink.gif

Back