power commander problem....please help

busadnnor

Registered
so here's the story....bike was running perfectly, took it apart to get it painted. put it back together after paint was done....bike wouldn't start, sounded like it wanted to, but it wouldn't turn over. we thought it might need plugs, thought maybe they got fouled while trying to start the bike over and over.

changed the plugs, no luck.....after trying a few other things we decided to disconnect the power commander......bike fired right up!

it's a 2005 busa, power commander IIIr with a Tsukigi exhaust

any suggestion on what could be the problem, i have a problem with believing that the PC went bad just sitting.

found out today that the battery (which was the original 2005 bike) was not putting out what it should, so i got a new one.

could that have been "THE" problem?

Absolutely.
The injectors need 12.5 volts to fire.

Batt Voltage.jpg

I have a PCIIIR on my '04. There are 3 manual adjustment buttons on it which change the mapping if you press them. My PC is mounted under the rider seat, a custom Corbin with little underseat space. Each time I diligently mapped the PCIIIR using my laptop I would put the seat back on, which pressed the adjustment buttons and screwed up the mapping.

You may have pressed the buttons on yours as part of the repainting. Try re-installing your map.

betting the weak battery myself. I also let a PC sit for six months and it did not retain the last map I had put in it.

Back