Power Commander owners READ THIS!!

OB_robh

Registered
Bob,

I've had mine on for 700 miles with the Micron and have alternated between your rev1 setting and Micron's original, neither has presented the problem you speak of and my only complaint is the slight dip in the power curve at around 3-4k rpm. I am quite sure my power dip is simply air/fuel ratio that is typical of the loss of backpressure and the motor leaning out due to the free-er flowing pipe. I have never experienced the bike cutting out with it stock or after any mods I've made as so many of you dreadfuly describe and I'm approaching 2k miles.

For the record I just have the Micron with the race can and the pc2 and I'm at 5800 feet elevation. I've notice your modified Micron rev1 map is closer to clearing up the power dip described above but only WHEN THE OUTSIDE AND BIKE TEMP IS COOLER. I reverted back to the Micron map and though the dip is much worse when the bike is cold it seems to work very well and all but goes away after it's warmed completely and on warmer days.

Since I seem to have the only busa not having problems short of the Micron exhust leak (they say my new head pipes are on the way?????) and bought mine very late into the production year here's my last 7: 2103790

Rob

My PCII seems to work fine. Much better driveability than stock. Ill get the serial number and add it later

Don

Thanks everyone.
There is hope that this was just bad luck. Rode all day today with the Yosh at 0, +5, +5 and it felt good. Not quite as good as the PC2, hope they fix this one or, maybe redo the one I sent in last week.
Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 05 September 1999).]

I am either very unlucky or PC2 has a problem. I received my SECOND PC2 yesterday and installed it and rode about 200 miles yesterday. 5-10 miles out of my driveway my twitch, hicup, hesitation came back! This time it is a little worse than my last one. Mainly when you let out the clutch from standstill it hesitates and bucks badly at times. Seems to do it more once the bike is up to temperature.

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THE PC2 AND EXPERIENCE THIS?? I KNOW ONE OTHER THAT DOES.

It is too bad because i like the low end feel. But, when i put the Yosh Box on it again late yesterday, the twitch goes away. I will work with the Yosh at maybe leaner Low settings to improve drivability. If Pc2 DynoJet doesn't have an answer i want my money back.
It also occured to me that some of you may have the so called "cut-out" problem may in fact have a PC2 on your bike. If so, disconnect it and go for a ride. I know it will run crappy without it but, it won't hicup.
Bob

UH OH, Hey Bob, I hope there not all like that because I'm installing mine this week with the Akropovic system.

Bob I just spoke with a friend of mine from Canada...his is +10 +10 +10...with Yosh pipe and air box fully modified...said thats where his pulled most HP...looks as though no two bikes are the same. I forgot to ask if filter was still in place. Will let you know ASAP if this new commander works...This friggin hurricane has sat on us for a week!!

Please post what happens. I now know of two others besides me through e-mails. Seems that three of us have sent back our first units. Hopefully, it is only a few, i would like a good one. I will try one more, but three strikes your out for me.
Bob

If you gals/guys are having problems with the unit please post the serial number of the unit so that the makers don't do the switch around meaning that you'll get someone else's unit instead of it really being fixed.I'm not saying that they will do it,but it will keep this site posting on possible problem with the unit and we can track all bad units that are out there.

Just so you know talked to dynojet last week the power commanders are being made as we speak. I wont get mine till about the 13th or so. So hopefully these wont have the same problems. My friend, Scott has one and it works fine...............but I believe his was part of the first group made. the reason i said "believe" dynojet took his bike and set it up. They are using his settings to program the power commanders for all the busa's as a standard. I will tell you this also my friend has modified the map since then. He says there is a flat spot a about 3200 rpm. I saw the dyno sheet and he was right. He manually set the power commander and took this away and now it runs fantastic.......I'm pretty pumped to get mine.

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 05 September 1999).]

I tried 0 on Low and it improved the lag at 2000 rpm, but it is too lean. At 3000 rpm- 3500 rpm in sixth you feel a slight surging on level ground. So it looks like +5 is better.
I wonder if you richen up the idle settings it would eleiminate the surging? The instructions say it is for idle and cruise conditions. They don't specify exactly what throttle position range though.
Bob
Hope Dennis moves on..

Bob, he said to eliminate surging he went +10 on idle circuit also...sounds rich but he claims it works. I may try it just to see what happens.

Has any body tried the manual settings on the PCII, and what effect does it have on the map downloaded into the PCII.

Did Dynojet offer an explaination to the poor ly operating boxes(mechanical or software problem)for you guys that had them replaced.

Also any comments from Dynojet as to "cutout" problems?

This past weekend I changed my settings, some due to the "cooling temps here", and some due to my airbox mods. I added +5 on low/mid (I'm now +5L 0M -5H) , and increased the idle mixture to +5 also.

Bob, yes his idle was a guessed +10 since it is a guess on where you set the dial...real accurate isn`t it! Bob I rode my busa with commander and PC2 today but with the wrong map in it...it cranked fine but still cuts out at just off idle as before...now for the kicker..my other busa has not had any problems what so ever..yosh pipe and mapped with yosh box...went back to 0 all the way put on PC2...CUTS OUT JUST LIKE OTHER BIKE. I intend to ditch the PC until something is done...took it off and remapped problem is gone...will remap micron piped busa with yosh box tomorrow and see if cut out is gone...it is without PC on it. This is why I have not already put a piston kit and cams in this bike...we are going to have to figure this injection out first.

Hey Bob,
Maybe VegasDude can drop in on Dynojet, I think He doesn't live far from them, just wondering. He is waiting for his pc2 currently.

Yep i got a call into them now, but no return call. Left a voice mail. I live about 20 miles from them. Have them call me...................my email is davea@lvcm.com if they have lost my number. I can give to whom ever needs it.......and dont forget, i have the micron pipe, full system, installed already.

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 07 September 1999).]

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 07 September 1999).]

Spoke with them this morning. They don't want me to return this one yet. They still have not checked out my last one and are doing so now.
They have some sort of simulator they hook it up to.
Problem is if that checks out they will have to bring a Busa in, which could take a couple days to get one? From where I do not know.

If it runs O.K. on their Busa I am sure they will tell me there something more to look for on mine.
The EXAMPLE he gave me--did not say this is the problem, is--A couple GSXR race bikes had an issue that caused by a weak or improper spec. ignition signal. It was strong enough for the stock ECM, but created problems for the PC2. I do not have a manual yet STILL!!! so I don't even know how to check my ignition signal, I assume it some sort of magnetic pick-up.
I wish they would send me one more new one, but I do not think this is going to happen.

As far as Yosh settings go--What do you mean +10 on idle? There is not graduations of scale for the A adjustment. You estimate. I actually marked mine with a marker in increments so I know where it was before i make changes. Is this 10% counterclockwise for a richer mixture?
+10 on Low ran Fat for me. In ran 0 on Low yesterday all day with a little more fuel on the idle, roughly 15% counterclockwise from the top. Seemed good down low and helped eliminate the surging at steady 3100 rpm cruise in 6th. But, I believe +5% on Low gave quicker performance. I did not spend a lot of time with the Yosh on the Dyno, mostly the PC2, which doesn't help me now.
+5, +5, +5 seemed best on the DYNO.
Warms days are coming to an end soon!
Frustrated Bob

Chris--Call Mike Belcher please, and tell him what is happening. 1-800 992-4993.
Vegas is going to help us out and try mine on his bike.
I do not want to quit yet, the PC2 is better when its running well and others I have spoken to are not having this problem. Maybe its something slightly off with our bikes that is exaggerated when the PC2 is connected. Maybe a sleeping cut-out problem--lol.
Bob

Installed Bob's power commander and the bike ran flawless. I used to have a lope at idle but thats gone. I did the tests like Bob wanted me too, Especially off idle and the bike ran awsome...........Cant wait to get mine!!!!...Thank you Bob for the testing............Dave

Back