power commander multi func hub?

elmostro

Donating Member
Registered
I'm trying to instal the gear/speed input cable. found some info but still confuse,:banghead: have any body here installed this cable. i think i'm looking at the wrong things in the book, i don't think i need to dissasemble the clucth to get to that wire.

here is the instruction from power commander
1.Locate the signal wire of the speed sensor Connect BROWN wire from the HUB harness to the wire tap.

2. If your bike has a rotary gear position sensor then you will need to determine which wire from the sensor is the signal Connect the GREY wire from the Gear Position Hub harness to the wire tap.
thanks

is this the wire? beacuse is not working.forgot to mentioned i also have the tre conected in there
gps.jpg

Last edited:
2009_0208busa0005.jpg

This wire is the one I used. It is just behind the harness that plugs straight into the GPS on your sprocket cover.
Hope this helps.:beerchug:

that one is for the gps which one is for the speed input? thanks for the pic i can't go wrong from there

The TRE is going to prevent it from working. Dependd on the TRE but most will always show the same voltage to the ECU and USB hub.

Look on the spocket cover. There are three wires, one is pink but it turns to something else on the other side of the plug. This will be the wire you want for the speed input.

i guess both wires go connected to the pink wire. is that right?

Not if you are saying both are connected to the same pink wire

1) Are you using a TRE. If so, you will not be able to send the gear position setting to the USB hub. Get rid of the TRE. Flash the ECU if you are trying to go past the 6th gear speed limiter.

2) The pink wire in the connector the that your TRE uses is the one that goes to the GPS

3) there is a pink wire on the speed sensor. The speed sensor is the one on the counter shaft sprocket cover. Trace it out to the connector. The pink wire changes color from one side of the connector to the other. You want to connect on the harness side of the connector not the sensor side (in case you want to disconnect the speedo sensor later)

profesor i'm following you the tre is no longer there neither the speedo healer, i traced the wire from the speed sensor and i got the speed input working, but where is the gps wire that i need to tap into for the gear indicator? the pic moparic posted is for the speed sensor not the gps. and the wire that i used in the pic above is not the gps i think. that is where i had the tre hook up. thanks

Last edited:
thanks for all your help guys finally got it working. i had to do the speed sensor first and then the gps sensor. thanks again:thumbsup:

Back