POWER COMMANDER III?? Downside?

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
Hi,

I have a 2000 with a 4-1 titanium Akropovik, & K & N filter.

What are the pro'c & con's of adding the Power Commander?

(besides the cost)

Thanks

man my bike with the PCIII,Custom map and full exhaust is like night and day compared to stock. All pro's no Cons well maybe a little fuel mileage but I can live with that
biggrin.gif

Hi Torontobusa!
I just bought my 06 busa today.I get it in about one week.
I live in Aurora,Ont.
Maybe we cud ride tegether sometime?
rock.gif

Are there any 4 into 2 full systems / PCIII that would work? I want the performance gain, but I also like the look of the 2 cans....any suggestions?

hmf will probably net you the highest hp gain of any 4-2 system.

I slapped on the PC when my bike was stock and loaded the "stock" map into it. The main thing I noticed was the first gear jerks on takeoff vanished. A week later I installed the Brock Hindle and loaded one of his maps. Haven't looked back since ...

But as far as answering your question directly, there are no cons, the pro might be the bike will perform the way it was intended to perform with your given exhaust (assuming you load the proper map).

I slapped on the PC when my bike was stock and loaded the "stock" map into it. The main thing I noticed was the first gear jerks on takeoff vanished.[/QUOTE]
Yup.

my bike with brock pipe, pc with brock track map. forget the 45mpg I'm down to high 20's.

I've not dynoed it but it is very noticable the power difference from my friends busa with only a yosh pipe. Also he gets a mild back fire upon decel. I have no back fire issues and no flat spots.

Back