Powdercoating wheels, what color?

Bluebusa60544

Registered
947702B2-0688-42D6-BC22-22ADC9D28D8C.jpeg

I have new tires ordered so now would be the time to add color. What would look good? I’m considering gold like the kanji, blue like body, or just a glossier black. New sprocket will be black and chain is gold/black. Brake lines will be Spiegler blue/gold.

The only argument I'd have against going silver is the amount of cleaning it will force you to do. Silver will show the dirt very quickly.

That's a hard decision to make, the black works on that bike IMO.

Maybe add a rim strip in silver..?

All the lads have good eye for what will suit your bike , all of them are also right about each color they have recommended .
But , do you remember the Suzuki 1992 GSXR1100N , the mainly white model with that crazy skateboard sticker type of design , well that had crazy blue wheels . Almost an anodized blue color , sort of electric blue , well , that might look crazy enough to be standout and actually at the same time really trick if you could match that same color paint they had .
1556625250113.png

My last GSXR11 was a modified one of these , I even had those wheels stashed until sold them off seperately , they were so very heavy !! It was already painted different when I bought it , that sticker scheme was for select taste at best !!

All the lads have good eye for what will suit your bike , all of them are also right about each color they have recommended .
But , do you remember the Suzuki 1992 GSXR1100N , the mainly white model with that crazy skateboard sticker type of design , well that had crazy blue wheels . Almost an anodized blue color , sort of electric blue , well , that might look crazy enough to be standout and actually at the same time really trick if you could match that same color paint they had .
View attachment 1598389
My last GSXR11 was a modified one of these , I even had those wheels stashed until sold them off seperately , they were so very heavy !! It was already painted different when I bought it , that sticker scheme was for select taste at best !!
Ah yes, the years of purple decals....don't know what they were thinking there. Sweet bike though.

At first I thought maybe the gold would be too much but the more I picture it with the other gold your adding it might just look good. Maybe one of the org photo shop experts could take a pic and add the gold to the rims to give a better idea of the look. Although I do kind of like that color toad threw out there.

Thanks for all the thoughts. I also had a 92 GSXR1100. But it was black/red. I peeled off the Andy Warhol stripes and it was much better.
The “intense blue” is a top coat and would need to be sprayed over a chrome wheel. Hadn’t considered hydrodipping. How durable is it? And would it look right over the rough cast part of the wheel?
I know what’s gonna happen. I’ll ponder the color until the weather gets better and say “screw it, let’s just ride it”.

Back