Powdercoating frame

Thrust

Registered
How easy is it to powdercoat the frame/swingarm like the anniv/ltd. models? This winter I have considered bringing the bike into the basement where it is warm and I have access to air tools.

Basically I know this is a "hard" job but is it so hard that my effort would be wasted? Is it damn near impossible to get everything to go back together correctly on the bike?

I'm fairly good with a wrench and I'll have from Nov-Feb. that I won't need the bike.

dunno, but you can do mine after you practice on yours
wink.gif

I think it would be easier and cheaper to buy an anniv. model. Don,t think the bike would be the same when it went back together. IMO.

I did it on my 1000 took 4 hours to tear the bike apart. Besure to place bolts in every single hole prior to powdercoating or you will waste hours retapping each hole. It then took me about 10 hours total to put bike back together.Your right in one aspect after you tear the bike apart and put it back together you notice every little noise and alot of it is in your head. But by tear it down and putting in back together yourself, you know you tightened every nut and bolt and lock tighted everything. Biggest pain in the AZZ was the wiring take pics and get owners manuel. Later Brian

bike_8.JPG

My friend just powder coated his gix750. And as Busafreak menitioned after we put it back together and went on our first ride he was sketching on every little sound. Halfway through our ride he made me get on it to see if it was making noises. I got off and told him it was all in his head.... It looks bad ass, yours too busafreak, but it was a done of work.

Back