Powdercoating exhaust pipes

micbusathens

Registered
Has anyone powdercoated the pipes between catalyzator and mufflers(under drivers foot pegs).I have two slip on akras and I'm tired polishing those pipes after each and every ride.They are turning in from silver to gold which I do not like.Will gloss black powdercoat bare the heat ? Any pics available ?A second thought is to find some chrome or kevlar covers -heat protectors like oem ones to cover this discolouration .Thanks in advance.

Pretty much Unanimous that Ceramic coating is the preferred way to go. Powder coating will be a complete waste of time and money. The only other option I see if you wanted to go the cheap route was use header wrap but I wouldn't do it however it is a cheaper alternative

I have the midpipe on my HMF highmount powdercoated black. Been 2 years, no problems. Gen 1 vs Gen 2 shouldn't matter for this.

I had jardine gp1 pipes on my 07 powder coated satin black and I never had an issue with them blistering or peeling or flaking. If its done right you will be good to go.

My concern is the near catalyst.07 had no catalyst , just catalytic coating and temperature is much more higher with catalysts near by ???

Back