Powder coated wheel pics

simanio872

Registered
Hi,
Ive been debating powder coating my stock wheels and was wondering if anybody had pics of their/others busas with painted or powder coated wheels. Preferably second gen but wont complain either way:D
47F3988D-15A1-49AE-9F50-E82CEC446D67.png

Well that’s a tough call for sure considering the colour scheme looks excellent right now ! If you’re not exactly sure maybe you can temporarily put on some of those rim stickers (ebay under $20) to get the look ? If your happy after a couple weeks then pull the trigger on powder coating and if not remove them for no big loss. I’m doing something similar on mine but based on some current non motorcycle spending (ie Christmas) the rim stickers may be on for a couple months longer :(

Well that’s a tough call for sure considering the colour scheme looks excellent right now ! If you’re not exactly sure maybe you can temporarily put on some of those rim stickers (ebay under $20) to get the look ? If your happy after a couple weeks then pull the trigger on powder coating and if not remove them for no big loss. I’m doing something similar on mine but based on some current non motorcycle spending (ie Christmas) the rim stickers may be on for a couple months longer :(
In my opinion only, I concur, I think your bikes looks great as it sits but of course it isn't my bike to make that call...

I appreciate it man! Thats a pretty good idea, ill have to look in to those stickers!

Thanks man! I dig it too just thinking about trying something new before spring:D

You can perhaps get a skilled computer person to photo shop the different colors for rims to see what you think.

As your bike is predominately black with red accents, black rims with red accents (in my opinion) would really set it off.

I went gold to match gold in decals. On your bike I’d have to go red or a gloss black just to add a little something.

View attachment 1609900
I’ve thought about and wondered what my bike would look like with the gold wheels that came on the 2008 Busa, if I can find a nice clean pair I’d pick them up and be able to swap back and forth from black to gold. @fallenarch @Yellow09 @Mr Brown thoughts?

AD9011B5-24BD-49AA-B2AB-CA2DF6F27B77.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve thought about and wondered what my bike would look like with the gold wheels that came on the 2008 Busa, if I can find a nice clean pair I’d pick them up and be able to swap back and forth from black to gold. @fallenarch @Yellow09 @Mr Brown thoughts?

View attachment 1609913
I think the gold rims would look great on that bike as they would tie into your decals very well.

If you did them in gold and found it a little too much, you could put a very thin black stripe on them to break it up a bit.

View attachment 1609913
I think gold would look good. As suggested, try some plasti-dip and see if you like it. Cheapest option going for changing colors, particularly if you're unsure.

Back