Powder coat Swingarm Help...

Acehole

The crowbar!
Donating Member
Registered
Hey all,
I am going to Powder Coat my swingarm and am wondering if anyone has done it. My question is what do you do about the needle bearings? Will i need to press them out before PC? will I have to replace them? Can they just cover the ends of the pivot holes?

Also, i am going to make myself a 4 prong socket to take the right side nut off. Is it the 32mm or the 27mm the one that fits it?

Thanks for your help.
Ace

Most powder coaters will have you remove the bearings!

When the bake the powder on, the grease from the bearings will contamiate the oven!

Most powder coaters will have you remove the bearings!

When the bake the powder on, the grease from the bearings will contamiate the oven!

Yeah I was thinking the grease was gonna be an issue. Maybe i can solvent all the grease out and have him cover over the holes with the dust seals in place. Dang i dont want to buy a blind puller or new bearings!
You're a bundle of good news John!:poke:

you have to remove them if they have platics inserts they will melt,oh and the seals are plastic so you can't leave them in...we keep bearings in stock for most arms...

I build arms and do the powdercoating for them I remove all bearings and usually replace them . If you need help or pointers let me know .

Well here is some more bad news,, if you take them out you might as well replace them! :whistle:

I can send you my pullers if you want to use them Nick. Or we can pick up another swing arm and have my guy here do the powdercoating (good and inexpensive) and install it when you are here in about a month. Then sell your other one or have it done for me and then sell mine.

Back