POWDER COAT MY FRAME BLACK OR CHROME IT?

TAZEONE

Registered
I literally have a handful of mods left to do
to where I feel my BUSA will be complete.

one of them is either Chroming the frame,
polishing it or getting is painted/powder coated black (i'd rather find a used black frame off a new BUSA)

which is the best overall way to do my frame?
which is the least pain in the ass?

which way will be the least harmful to my frame?

thanks for helping, you guys are the SHIIIT!

The hardest part would be taking everything off to have the frame dipped/coated. As long as you can handle that, the rest is cake.

I don't remember if your bike had chrome wheels or not but I am partial to the ALL BLACK LOOK!
cool.gif

The easiest would be to keep your factory frame and get another Powder Coated/Chromed......that way if you didn't like it, you still have your original. Plus you could sell the extra frame if you didn't like the look. The only hard part would be making sure it is a true/straight frame. Not off a salvage bike or stolen, etc. etc....

Josh
blues.gif

yeh, i hear you josh,
I want to find a frame that is straight and then chrome it or powder coat it.
my wheels are chrome and a lotta other stuff is chrome, but I like that black look.

I really want to find a BUSA black frame.
Is the Limited Hot Pink 04 BUSA the only one that came with a black frame?

TAZ,

Any year 02-04 Special/Anniversary edition has the BLACK frame!

If you already have the Chrome wheels, most will probably say to stay with chrome but.......Chrome doesn't really do anything for me so I would say go BLACK.

But.......BLACK seems to be getting pretty popular now so I would look into something different if you want. You could have the frame done in BLACK CHROME!
wow.gif
If that doesn't tickle any feathers, you could have your frame BLUE anodized to match the BLUE on your bike!
wow.gif
I have seen that on a custom bike and it looks sweet!
cool.gif

wow.gif

chrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooomeeeeeeeee it !!!!!!!!! cant go wrong with chrome but i will say its a pain in the arse to bolt everything back together and to the frame what a biatch , polishing you have to keep up with it or it will run away from you . powder coating it black i am not a "black frame guy" but its your bike and powder coating is probably more durable than chrome or polished (easier to maintain as well), but if it was me i would chrome it or powder coat it a different color than black , whatever you decide i am sure it will come out great
beerchug.gif

If ya like black, but yer wheels and shiz are chrome, then polish yer frame mirror finish, and have it anodized black.......gives a seriously cool black chrome look.......would look killer!!
If I ever buy an SE, that's my plan!!

I am a chrome fan.
I have a chrome frame.
I am in the process of removing the frame to powdercoat it black.
The Busa frame is made of 2 different aluminums.
1 spun and the other cast.
It's VERY difficult to get it chromed properly.
There is only 1 chromer in the U.S. that I would trust to do the job, that's SPORTCHROME.
Mine looks great, except for 1 very small section, VERY small. I am very anal about my bike, and I just can't live with that 1 VERY small flaw!!
It CHAPS MY ASS, to look at it.
Find me a straight, clean titled frame, and I'll trade ya, straight up.
On another note, I HATE polish!!!
I had a polished ZX-11 and I spent more time polishing, than riding.
HATED IT!
MY delima is, do I powdercoat, flat black, or shiney black?

Like said above polish frames suck granted if ya get someone that knows his stuff ya get it all polished nice and use a clear coat over it then it's a easy clean job chrome i don't care much for again seems to take some more to maintain the looks powdercoating is nice and ya could get it any color then ya like to match your bike or ya could go through the process of a special painting the frame a nice candy color and clearing that and you'd have one of a kind.

Kinda like my wheels here granted might be alotta work to do that to a frame i don't know

Wheels_and_triple_Tree.JPG

Oh yeah my triple tree was powdercoated black then painted the candy red then cleared turned out just awesome

sounds good everyone.
poop, I guess, i'll wait for a black SE frame to come up somewhere.
I like that flat look.

The only thing I don't like about the black is its a bitch to keep clean... any little water spots or dust show up on it
mad.gif

fstbusa,

What are you using to detail/clean your bike?

I use the Honda cleaner and it makes the Powder Coating look brand new.

Josh
cool.gif

Back