posts on back of gauge cluster broke

rockethead

Registered
:banghead: when I took the nose off to swap with the new one I found a few more things that are broken, the tab on my left ram air tube and both posts on the top of cluster and one mounting tab on the bottom left. my question is this: Can I buy a replacement back for the cluster or is it one piece? and what's with having only 2 posts on the headlight to help hold nose in place... I feel like I'm going to snap one(or both) off when I put the nose back on.. :laugh: <-----has anyone ever done this?

Yes, you can get the back part of the gauge cluster case. Ain't cheap though, around $120.00 for that piece of plastic.

There are 4 mount points that hold the headlight assembly to the plastic. But only 2 on the light pod that help support the whole nose on the bracket, along with the mirror mounts.
Those alignment pin things on the headlight pod, and the pod itself, are apparently tough customers, mine survived the Hallet crash unscathed and pins unbroken. The left side of the metal bracket was bent completely back on itself, the plastic was shattered and tore the windscreen completely off when the bike barrel rolled over on it.

Back