Posting Pics

Scary Jerry

Registered
I'm new to this board and was directed by Suz.Hay.Org to come here to upload pics to get a URL in order to post over there. Where do the the pics go once there uploaded here? I just want to be able to post a pic.
Thanks for Your help.

Welcome SJ. You can post a pic on any thread while doing a reply, or at the front-end of this site. If you go to the Pictures section you should be able to see where and how to up load. Cap, Ninja, or Cache could give you a better explanation though. Just wanted to say Welcome!
beerchug.gif

when you add a reply like I am doing right now, go below the box you type in, and click on the Browse... button, choose the photo on your computer to upload, then add reply.

Next, when you see the photo here on the board, right-click on the photo, click properties, copy the URL for the photo, ie: then wherever you need to post that pic, use that URL to direct to that photo. confuzed? me too... early... *yawn*

The reason I like this board is that it's so easy to post pictures. I just save all my pictures in My Documents and when I'm ready to post a picture I hit the Browse button and post the picture from My Documents. Other boards you have to have someone host your pictures and have a URL.

Wecome to the board, Scary. The only problem with uploading your pictures here just to post them somewhere else is that it bogs this place down. Or as Captain (the owner of this board) puts it Stealing his Bandwidth. Anyway each member has their own upload center. You can put your pictures there and post them as you want.
Jim

I'm with jwcfbd on this one. Welcome, but why on earth upload here to post somewhere else? Why not post here and join our little community. Its user friendly and contains a great array of information for the Busa or Bike enthusiast.

Hmmmm i wonder if that explains why you see one or two post from someone then this disappear?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??

Either way stick around maybe you find you enjoy this sight as much as the other and post on both...we'ld like to see the pics to

rock.gif

I was in the middle of adding a 'reply' and it cut off & put me back in the forum? I'll try again, Sorry about stealing bandwidth, that was not my intention. This was the recommended site for picture posting and I'm glad i came here. Looks like a decent site, I like the Turbo Forum. I'm waiting on my Velocity system right now. I'm sure I will frequent this site alot.
Thanks for the assistance - Jerry

I was in the middle of adding a 'reply' and it cut off & put me back in the forum?  I'll try again, Sorry about stealing bandwidth, that was not my intention.  This was the recommended site for picture posting and I'm glad i came here.  Looks like a decent site, I like the Turbo Forum.  I'm waiting on my Velocity system right now.  I'm sure I will frequent this site alot.
Thanks for the assistance - Jerry
Jerry, The getting cut off thing has happened to me on occasion. Go here for help on uploading pictures.
Disregard this part as it has been fixed.
Now this is the most confusing part of all..... click on the name of the image that you are wanting to view and a browser window will open. Look at the URL or address window it should look just like this example except it should have your email address and your picture name at the end.

Now do you see the ../../ remove it so that it looks something like this.

Now that you have deleted the ../../ hit the enter key and you should be able to see your image in the browser. Now copy the link and paste it in your message on the message board.[/QUOTE]
Stick around you'll like it here.
Jim

Back