posting personal info

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
That illegal 4 a web site do that somebody?

I was told its called enciting violence that illegal?

and they get canned and lose domain name.

anybody know if thats true?

the site is going 2 go poof.
muscle.gif
!!!

I believe...but may be incorrect...that there may be restrictions on what one can post depending on the hosting company one uses. Most hosting companies don't care, but some feel they are the internet police. So, if the domain has violated their agreement with the hosting company, it's possible one could lose one's domain.

Many sites provide a disclaimer about not selling personal information. And any commercial site worth the time of day has a documented privacy policy.

However, it's kind of a "buyer beware" situation. If one willing gives one's personal information to someone on the internet, expect that there is a possibility that it will be made public.

Yup, I believe you are correct Diana. I also think it is legal unless you are paid for the information provided. Same as using a phone book otherwise.

yeah but still, can I get a big ole cup of WTFO
rock.gif
what site, what info, do HUH?

just about any site can post anything found out about you in public record.. divorce, marriage, convictions etc.. I have to deal with this on rare occasion with a client now and then.. you have more protection over physical property (pictures specifically)

Anyway, if someone decides to slander you with information found in print or public record, you are pretty much screwed.. lose the domain? not very likely.. that is a set of rules outside the US jurisdiction..

Most removals are not even handled through the court system, you contact the "web sites" host and if they are renting web space, the host is the best avenue of stopping them..

need a bit more specific information on the issue..

now contrary to all this, a site can post complete falshoods without fear of reprisals as well.. if the site is dynamic, it falls under different rules again... all really confusing, I just call my lawyer when these happen and follow his instructions..

So Check this one out and see how it strikes you... (keep in mind this is tongue in cheek) Slander Page

Nightflight,

We don't want to drag a conflict from another site to this one. I'm going to close this thread. Feel free to PM me but I think you know the underlining reasons why. We have discussed some of them before.

Professor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back