Posting costs to England

Prezzo

Registered
Just ordered yesterday a restrictor eliminator $109.95

They want $78.00 just to ship it to England

I have a friend on vacation at Disneyland and gave Schnitz racing his address in florida. But they wont post it to him because of it being a first order on my account.

Told them if they dont post it to him I am not willing to pay the extortionate post cost @ $78.00 and would rather forget it and want a total refund.

To buy a book on Ebay and have it posted to England that is larger in size and heavier than the eliminator only costs about $10.00. I realy hate being ripped off.
cursin.gif
cursin.gif
cursin.gif
cursin.gif

rant.gif

cursin.gif

cursin.gif

cursin.gif

Wifey shipped me a small package while I was in India. $38 to ship and it took a month to get there at that rate. One of my coworkers had an overweight package shipped and it cost over $100. Neither of those were with any type of insurance.

Prezzo, if you need a contact here in the states to ship stuff to you, you can use me. I sell and have sold parts overseas. It's no big deal.  I'm here if you need me.

I have a friend on vacation at Disneyland and gave Schnitz racing his address in florida. But they wont post it to him because of it being a first order on my account.

Told them if they dont post it to him I am not willing to pay the extortionate post cost @ $78.00 and would rather forget it and want a total refund.

To buy a book on Ebay and have it posted to England  that is larger in size and heavier than the eliminator only costs about $10.00. I realy hate being ripped off.
cursin.gif

cursin.gif

cursin.gif

cursin.gif

rant.gif
Does Your VAT have anything to do with it, since it's being shipped out of the Country  
rock.gif
? Or you could just have them ship it to you, and then you mail it
sadnews.gif

OK, so  
face7.gif
didn't read your post correctly . Ask how they arrived with the $78 bucks shipping for just in the US .

cursin.gif

cursin.gif

cursin.gif

rock.gif
That doesn't sound fair at all I would like to hear Schnitz Racings side of this.
rock.gif

Where's Ryan at
sadnews.gif

rock.gif

I would surely expect a good reason. I don't think a board sponcer would ripe off a member, right?

I am getting confused
sadnews.gif
, is it being sent somewhere in the US or is it being shipped to you in England  
winkold.gif
?

If it's England, shipping AND handling might include the VAT on your end  
blush.gif

Some vendors will only ship by certain shippers outside of the country. One of the reason is tracking and delivery confirmation. They have been screwed over by fraud so much it is just not worth it.

I do the same. I sell a few items on ebay. I flat refuse to sell out of the US for the same reasons. I have made an exception or two to Canada but it has to be the right item and situation.

Most vendors also will not ship to someone outside other than confirmed credit card shipping/billing addresses. For the same reason. Getting charged back for an item you shipped becuase of credit card fraud will kill some profit margin and take up quite a bit of valuable time.

WHAT IS VAT
All European Countries in the EC, have a VAT (Value Added Tax). Which means each person who sell a product from the first raw material all the way up to the consumer pays a Tax at each stage.

Example: Farmer buys seed ---- PAYS TAX on Seed
        Farmer sells crop --- PAYS TAX AND BUYER PAYS TAX
        Buyer cleans seed to produces Meal-Cost is Taxed
        Grain mill sells Wheat Meal- Tax is Paid
        Buyer of Grain Pays Tax
        Buyer makes Bread and sells it to Distributor- Pays Tax
        Distributor sells to Store- Store Pays Tax
        YOU BUY BREAD--- YOU PAY TAX ON IT AGAIN !

Remember, Europe has basicly FREE MEDICAL, and Retirement benefits. SOMEONE has to pay !

I can empathize with Schintz... They do not know who you are and have no recourse in case of fraud.

i would be more than happy to play middle man for you.. if you can post the funds to my PP account (premium business acct) I can then ship the parts to you at what ever it costs... Daves shop is about 30 minutes from me.

I KNEW there had to be a good reason!
beerchug.gif

Paul I hope you also understand
thumb_up.gif

It sure is nice to know there are so many good helpful people around here to help you. I'm glad you came here for help
beerchug.gif

I would also offer but I have never shipped anything let alone out of U.S.A.
cool.gif

I do hope everything turns out good for ya
lurk.gif

beerchug.gif

shipping to the UK is not that big a deal for a private citizen... do it all the time.. can take 1 week or 1 month.. just depends on the guys in the post...

If you want me to pick up that part for you, just let Ryan know that I will be by the shop and I can do that for you and get it sent off.. Or if you prefer.. cancel it and I will order it from my account here and you can just deposit funds in my PP acct..

Some vendors will only ship by certain shippers outside of the country. One of the reason is tracking and delivery confirmation. They have been screwed over by fraud so much it is just not worth it.

I do the same. I sell a few items on ebay. I flat refuse to sell out of the US for the same reasons. I have made an exception or two to Canada but it has to be the right item and situation.

Most vendors also will not ship to someone outside other than confirmed credit card shipping/billing addresses. For the same reason. Getting charged back for an item you shipped becuase of credit card fraud will kill some profit margin and take up quite a bit of valuable time.
You hit the nail on the head. The USPS is horrible outside the US. I have shipped to Australia by Priority Mail International, total delivery time, 9 weeks. Needless to say, customer was not very happy.

We have switched to Fed Ex only outside the US and in most cases shipping can be more expensive than the part. I actually had a meeting last week with several reps from the USPS about a reliable ship option. They do have one but the cost rivals Fed Ex.

Shipping out of the Country  
rock.gif
. Cost for my wife to send me my Airline tickets (Ya just don't buy local where I go) was $186 with DHL. And that's just a normal envelope
wowold.gif
 !  Best money I spent, took 4 days from my house in Okla to where ever I was in Africa. Cost
sadnews.gif
, Yeah
winkold.gif
, but that's just how it is
hello.gif
 !

To buy a book on Ebay and have it posted to England  that is larger in size and heavier than the eliminator only costs about $10.00. I realy hate being ripped off.
cursin.gif

cursin.gif

cursin.gif

cursin.gif

rant.gif
Does Your VAT have anything to do with it, since it's being shipped out of the Country  
rock.gif
? Or you could just have them ship it to you, and then you mail it
sadnews.gif

OK, so  
face7.gif
didn't read your post correctly . Ask how they arrived with the $78 bucks shipping for just in the US .
They want $10.00 to ship it to a friend Florida and $78.00 To England

cursin.gif

cursin.gif

cursin.gif

To be honest if they dont ship it to my friend who is on vacation in Disneyland for another week, They can keep it and I will want a full refund.

Ive no doubt i will find an equivelent eliminator on sale in the UK in the near future.
idea3.gif
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Prezzo, if you need a contact here in the states to ship stuff to you, you can use me. I sell and have sold parts overseas. It's no big deal.  I'm here if you need me.
Thanx for the offer ill keep it in mind.

Same goes here if you have any problems.

Nice to see people helping each other out helps me get over my winter depression syndrome. good weather coming soon.......
jump9.gif

i just sold some banshee parts on ebay. a guy in germany won the rear fenders for $40. COST TO SHIP $400.00 needless to say he decided not to do it. the package only weighed 10#'s but was oversized so they charged it like a 60# box. USPS wouldnt even take it. UPS was the "cheapest", FedEx and DHL were in the $425 range. shipping overseas is not cheap. USPS does have a book rate that is 1/3 the cost of regular shipping but takes 3 times as long. i just shipped a book today. book rate $2.50/3 weeks or $6.25/2-3 days.

Back