Post your past bike photos thread

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
I know some of you guys are riders and racers from way back . Long before the internet. Post up your past bike pics and favorite bike related pic's that remind you of good times.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mirror's and mirror mounts sure have changed . On our 5-6th date when in our teens i took the girl i married on a 3000 mile ride. Wound up on Pikes Peak 1st day throwing snowballs at each other in the middle of july. Bike was a new 1978 Honda 750F .

P0014.jpg

P0010.jpg

This guy and bike reminds me days when racing championships just couldn't be bought .

Actually ,the Texaco bike was among my top 5 favorites of all time. This isn't it. I'll grab it later .

SHEENE75.jpg

I remember the two of us buying this thing and next day riding down to a dang dragstrip for the afternoon. Kinda of a cold day as i recall .

P0009.jpg

DragBoat.jpg

We would go for rides and find dragstrips at the end of the twisties. Crazy i tell you. Kinda like gold at the end of the rainbow. Won good money for the time at the top pic so it was worth the stop. Wasn't as fun for the two of us as the twisties or road course was though.

P0020.jpg

P0004-1.jpg

P0007.jpg

Temporary threadjack ;

Was thinking about breaking in the Honda CBX and i have this thing out in the little shop. It's just as wicked sounding but in a different way so, does history repeat? Nope, not cold enough.

Back to topic

image021.jpg

bike.jpg

my first sport bike. RF900R. I think the most underrated bike ever built. Handled better I think than my hayabusa and had plent of power to learn on.

96 Honda CBR F3
88 Suzuki GSX-R 750 slingshot
Honda VFR 750 year can't remember atm. I hated that bike!!! From owning it I grew to hate all V style motors :laugh:

My 06 Busa with her original dressing on it.. All black now after our first bonding experience :whistle:

img242.jpg

img241.jpg

img275.jpg

DSC00059.JPG

Lots of past bikes, here are two.
Many bikes look better than a Busa
Some are even faster,
but hands down nothing
is as perfect an all around bike.

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

243105625_768b361327.jpg

253280650_52e16fcb2d.jpg

e.jpg

Gonna date myself

===================================================================

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

000000.jpg

Love seeing what everyone had growing up. Having a large degree of ages is truly a blessing for the site. Sorry no pix.. @ work comp.

1st bike, KAW EX-500. Asked the seller to ride it home for me (with me in the passenger seat). WHY? I did not know how to ride.

After getting good with the Kawi, took the MSF class, DMV MC endorsement for my license and got my 1st liter bike (HON CBR1000 Hurricane)

Liked the 600's paint scheme so much I repainted the 1000 to look like one (got stolen :( )

First cruiser (YAM Virago 750). Shipped it to GUAM and rode it daily for 2 years until I transferred. Sold it to buy my 1st Harley

1st Harley, 95 Heritage Softtail Classic (take it easy Harley Haters...there will be more). Had it shipped to Vegas and rode it back to Long Beach, CA

Can't get the need for speed out of my system, got back to a sportbike: YAM FZR600. Actually got 2 FZR 600's at different times (same year and color)

2nd Harley: 2000 Electra Glide Standard. Sold it after it tried to kill me 3 times

Of course, had a sportbike too: 98 GSXR750. Owned 2 of these at different times as well

Had 3 bikes at one point in time: sold the Electra Glide Standard (black) to buy an '02 Road King (burgundy). Of course, can't live without a sportbike ('93 GSXR750)

Last edited:
2nd '98 GSXR 750 (loved this bodystyle the MOST)

Finally a Busa (2001, later sold to buy another Harley). This bike is now known as IMELDA by its current owner who is also an orgster

Homecoming gift to myself (after 13 months in Iraq) 2002 Road King Classic. Bought it on ebay and had it shipped from PA to CA

Was not in a position to get another Busa, so this 97 ZX-11 had to do for a while

Had 3 bikes in the stable again for a shortwhile (bought an '08 while waiting to sell the ZX-11 which I owned for less than a year)

For now, enjoying the Busa more than the Harley. Promised the wife to stop buying/selling bikes for a while :whistle:

Last edited:
First Bike: '82 Suzuki GS450L
First Car: Triumph Spitfire (I was sooo cool back then :laugh:)

gs450.jpg

gs450.jpg

Back