Post your Christmas Tree... 2019 Edition

When my kids were small, I'd take them out to the woods (friend's farm) and cut down a tree then drag it back via toboggan. We'd make a day of it, drinking hot chocolate and visiting his farm animals...it was a grand time and a good memory.

I got my first artificial tree just before deploying one year so the wife would have an easier time with Christmas...several deployments over Christmas later and we've basically stayed with an artificial tree..

This tree is basically the cream of the crop for artificial trees but it just doesn't have that smell I love...maybe next year I'll give it a year off and get a real tree (minus the candles and subsequent firefighter visit).
Thats awesome. Yes the smell is one of the reasons to get one. Not to mention all the sap you never get off your hands again...

your story made me picture YOU and the kids getting the tree.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No tree yet :( . However we are camping the 19th through the 25th , and plan for a small potted tree for the camper . Taking lights for exterior decoration . :)

Looks very inviting , and Jolly guys .

We here all go camping vicariously through your pics!! Looks fun, not to mention I’d rather go camping any day than be stuck in the city.

Last edited:
We here all go camping vicariously through your pics!! Looks fun, not to mention I’d rather go camping any day than be stuck in the city.

At least the way Bryan goes camping is pretty posh....

I would take the kids camping when they were young first in tents then in a tent trailer...I generally disliked it though as I spent the better part of my life under canvas (normally it was green). But, I sucked it up so my kids could enjoy their childhood.

Back