Post up your gps pics

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
Hello everyone, I recently had a Garmin Venture that was
mounted via a stem stand. I had to get rid of the setup due
to a Scotts steering damper install.

I really enjoyed the base model Garmin, but realisticly would like something nicer. Color or atleast a larger display would be nice. Small sleek and low profile would also be a +. I know I want everything in a compact package.. Just wanted to see what some of the fellow Busa brethren were running these days.

Thanks peeps,
Grab.

I dont have a pic but I have the Magellan XL. It has a great color screen I use it mostly for off road but have used it on the Busa a little bit. I will get a mount soon and use it in all my vehicles. I have see them on ebay for $300.

Xl.jpg

I run a Garmin 276c.  A 376c is the same with XM radio built in! A Quest if you want something smaller.

2004.JPG

<!--EDIT|Professor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149563545 -->

Yes the both Quests are battery opperated as is the 276C. All of the above have TFT screens which are much brighter in direct sunlight.

I didn't know the 2820 has been released yet. I'm not that familiar with it.

The 26xx series are the same size as the 276c. However, they have no battery, LCD (washes out in sunlight) and a touch screen. I had more difficulty with the touch screen using gloves than I did using the buttons on the 276c.

Having the internal lith ion battery is usefull even if you are connecting it to power on the bike.

The biggest downside of the 276c/376c is the price.

Tom Tom Go has a unit dedicated to motorcycle riders. It comes with a mount, bluetooth headset etc.

Any experience with their units? They sure are nice and compact.

I run a Garmin 276c.  A 376c is the same with XM radio built in! A Quest if you want something smaller.

2004.JPG
The 276c is great to glance and take a  look at because of its size. I found the Quest and Vs are too small to really see on the fly and found  I was really only using them for speed, distance and time to destination. Along with giving me my general directions. Trying to read them doing speed on a two lane is nearly impossible without losing concertration on your riding (NOT SAFE) ! Me, I like the big screen  
idea.gif

I've since changed the mount to the Garmin moto mount with the Ram Arm attached to it(has a quick release/slide lock on it.

Mine stays in my back pack side pouch. I turn it on when I leave and check it at stops. I do not get distracted that way...

magellan-explorist-600.jpg

I recommend Magellan Explorist 600 , it's probably the best hand GPS in the market . It offers you 14 parallel channel WAAS GPS receiver with TrueFix technology . This technology will allow the best acquisition times and superior tracking with nearly no signal loss .

The few I have ever owned have been Garmins. I really like the Magellen's. The first one is really nice dimentionally. It also has a SD slot. I could finally use my 2G cards.

That is a handlebar (bicycle) mount I got for mounting it on my cruiser. After installing the reaper risers I found it would mount through the hole where the fork was. It clears the Puig and is easy to read there (doesn't block gauges). It is a magellan with extra memory card added -- will hold most of cali from L.A. to the border

Does the Magellan Explorist series come with pre-loaded maps or do you have to but them?

Back