Post probably saved my life!!!!

HayaConn

Registered
Yesterday was about 55 and sunny. I bolted out of work early and went for a ride on some nice twisties upstate.
My normal riding routes seemed a little congested. Every time I would get to some nice corners, I was always behind a car or truck. I came up to a straight and passed a car and a truck, gave the bike a nice crack of the throttle and she passed em like they were going in reverse. I was carrying a good deal of speed into an approaching right hander and Revlis' post of his experience, from a couple of days came to mind. I got on the brakes hard to scrub speed, and just as I started to lean in all I saw was a huge patch of sand. I was able to lean it hard, make my turn and get the bike straight up before hitting that patch. I have no doubt that had I come into that corner any faster I would have slid out and crashed, or at least, poop my pants holding on and sliding for dear life.
 Thank you Rev, for posting what happened to you, because it definately SAVED MY ASS  
bowdown.gif

Words can't describe how exciting this bike is to ride, but it can get you into the sh!t in a hurry.
I hope this helps someone else keep the shiny side up!
Scott

It's good to hear that you read something that you could use...I'll probably never post anything of any value as far as riding and mechanics but I'm still gonna post...
evil.gif

Hey, Thats good and bad too hear. Glad my words were helpfull, Bad that you found yourself in a similar situation... Glad your in one piece.

Rev

I too don't add much value in terms of mechanics, but I certain to gain much value from this board in terms of riding skills an pointers!! Thanks to all the veterans! You've saved my rear a few times...I hope that I can do the same for others in the future
smile.gif

Good to hear stay safe gusy and remember the Spring time rulls for rookies and Vets.

just remember what happens to everyone here.... it will come in handy one day
cool.gif

Hey Now Careful folks, I don't want to have to go buy a new Bigger helmet to contain this swelled head... Actually no worries... I'll go for a ride and Lilah will once again remind me that she is much more capable than I....

It is good to know that some information here on the board, really can help out a fellow rider... That's pretty cool...
smile.gif

Cool, glad that you used some info off of the board. Not to say that I am suprised or anything there is alot of good info on the board. Glad that it worked out.

Back