Possible power commander issue?

Howitzur

Registered
Bought this 04 busa with a PC and yoshi rs-3 slipons. Ive been noticing at idle its a bit rough. Saying its idling Rough is being a bit harsh tho; if ur listening to the engine at idle it just sounds "irregular." When im sitting at a light for instance and i goose the throttle a bit, it hesitates instead of making that beautiful quick rev bark. But as for cruising it rides fine (as far as my limited busa riding goes).

The PC is mounted in the tail of the bike and is easily accessible when the hump/pilion is removed. I was also given the PC/Laptop cable, original box, a CD, and manuals. Does this sound like a common "misdialed" PC or is it something much worse...
Thanks in advance;
Howitzur

Last edited:
If this is a PC issue, how do i check to see if the program installed is best for this bike? If there a site i can install the correct flash onto the PC so it will run right with the little mods i have?

You could just unhook PC and see if it still does it. Maybe that it is out of tune, if things in motor are not working like they were when tuned, could be outta wack.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a 04 busa as well with a recent install PC,,,,,,you want to go to dynojet.com ,,,/powercommander.com,,,same place,,,,,,down load their software dial in your bike,,and it will give you the maps for it,,,if you want to check to see if its the PC,,,,you can either do 2 things,,,[1] down load the 00 map,,,that will be the first map for your bike,,,that is a 0 map that allows your bike to run off the factory ECU and bypass the PC without disconecting it,,,or [2} unplug the PC,,which is under the gastank and plug the factory ECU back in,,,,,I would do the former,,,,its easy,,,,down load their software,,and the very first map for you bike is the 00 map,,the secound map is a bonestock upgrade map and then you just find which map has your pipe on it,,,,but remember this,,,i put their upgrade map in my bike and it surged at 3000rpms at 10 throttle,,,I noticed that they had added23% fuel there,,I guess so when you in 6 gear cruiseing it would pull better,,,either way,,I built a custom map,,,,if you want to see it go to the "Can I run a 50 shot NOS " thread in the nitrous section and youll see whats in mine,,,,mine is bone stock 04 with a PC and a NOS 40 shot,,,the bike runs like a bandit without the NOS just on the Map alone,,,,,,,,pm me if you need help

Last edited:
You shouldn't even need a Power Commander with slip-ons, if that's all you have. Try unhooking the PC, and then check it out.

if it was running fine b4?...check the simple shid 1st...and from what i'm hearing?...the 1st place i would start would be dirty airfilter?...and 2nd?...

"synching"

cause what you describe is stereotypical of a bike that's gone outta synch..cam chain adjuster might be gettin ready to click in a notch as well.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

The first thing I would do is check the idle, it may be too low, should be around 1250, if that is not it, a TB sync would be the next thing.

What exactly is is a tb synch. Sorry gents, im new to these bikes. So detailed explanations would be appreciated either here or a pm. How do you disconnect this thing? Thanks for all the responses.

Oh, the idle is approz 1000-1100. Also, i found a map for my bike with yoshi slip ons. I grabbed the wife's laptop, the PC 9-pin wire and plugged it into the PCIIIr. Problem is, i guess my laptop is too new and it doesnt have this 9-pin port... So im stuck on upgrading the maps... Frustrating.

Last edited:
Back