Possible New 'Busa Owner. Advice Needed.

EntropyIsHealthy

Registered
Hi there,

My name is Jesse, I've been riding 600cc + since I was 15.

I bought my first bike (1982 XJ650J) for 300$ and all that needed replacing was the break lever. Great Buy.

I came to that bike with minimal riding experience, but, found that I have a natural instinct for riding.

I made most of the typical mistakes on that bike...laid it down in my garage, parking lots, stop lights, etc. I drove the bike every damn day as it was my only form of transport.

Most kids buy a first car. I bought a bike. I also live in Denver, Colorado which means, yes, I even rode in the winter.

It was truly my ONLY form of transport, so I got used to it real quick.

I recently upgraded to a 87 Hurricane (CBR 600F). I've been enjoying the hell out of it and been getting more in touch with my sport rider side. I haven't had the bike long, but I am already looking to upgrade. The only thing stopping me has been money.

That changed today. I was sitting in the parking lot of my favorite 7-11 smoking a cigarette when a nice gentleman comes forth and takes quite the liking to my CBR. He rants about it incessantly and is shouting at passerby's "This is freaking 87 Hurricane!". Long story short he offered me 8000$ cash for the bike. That's over four time what I paid. It's getting to off season here in Colorado and I just found a great deal on an 06 Hayabusa in wonderful condition with only 8000 miles selling for 6000$ firm.

My question for you is...how low should I go?

Here's what I'm planning to buy:2006 Hayabusa for sale

You can't take it! I called dibs! :laugh:

Nice to meet all of you. I hope to be riding the wonderful Hayabusa very soon.

Last edited:
The two ups on the rear should be nice.

I'll have to test it out to make sure it still has nice low-end.

Why you would have to go two ups on the rear for a hayabusa is a mystery to me...

Thank you for the welcome!

The two ups on the rear should be nice.

I'll have to test it out to make sure it still has nice low-end.

Why you would have to go two ups on the rear for a hayabusa is a mystery to me...

Thank you for the welcome!

Two up on the rear sprocket gives it more acceleration...you lose a few mph's on the top end...but you get there quicker.

My '03 is +3 on the rear...my '08 is +4 on the rear :beerchug:

The Busa is so torquey as is though!

What kind of throttle response should I expect from the two ups?

Just so I don't lift the bike and scare the seller.

:welcome:bro! that is a nice bike, I regret not shopping for a used one, My backside still hurts:poke:

???

Well now that I look back I guess the question is too broad to answer without the use of sarcasm.

I just have a vision of easing the clutch out and not touching the throttle and then suddenly warp-speeding. I should be able to take care of it though. I'll just come at it as if I were defusing a bomb with a clutch and throttle.

The Busa is so torquey as is though!

What kind of throttle response should I expect from the two ups?

Just so I don't lift the bike and scare the seller.

The Hayabusa DEMANDS obvious respect; Yes. However, Its all and all a very fun, easy-riding, and even a lil' forgiving ride at times. (coming from a firstbike/Busa guy) Just take it easy. Know that It will come easy fast for you. As you prolly are aware...know she will literally kill you before you ever come close to her limits...but you sound mature enough not to be one of the punk-pro's that posts up a "how-to" wheelie thread, or something of a simular nature as your second thread:whistle: you'll love it, relax bro:beerchug:

???

Well now that I look back I guess the question is too broad to answer without the use of sarcasm.

I just have a vision of easing the clutch out and not touching the throttle and then suddenly warp-speeding. I should be able to take care of it though. I'll just come at it as if I were defusing a bomb with a clutch and throttle.

:laugh:

Just take some time to get used to the beast :thumbsup:

I'll just come at her as I do most bikes.

With a sheepish grin and sheer anticipation!

I'm just trying to be more imformed because the Hayabusa is one of the few bikes that truly quickens my pulse by just looking at it. I'm undoubtedly in love. Thus, I'm being overbearing and protective.

Thanks again for the warm welcomes!:thumbsup:

$8000 for an 87' CBR600???? haha score! Take the money and run.

Welcome to the org, and be careful, the Busa is quite a different machine than an 87' 600cc bike.

:welcome: to the .org buddy. The '06 looks like a nice find you should jump on it.

But what I really want to know is...why the hell anyone would ever pay $8,000 for a 1997 Honda Hurricane!? :suspect:

Back