Possible future owner

donbcivil

Registered
Thinking that the Busa may be my second bike (as a retread rider).

I rode between 88 and 93, then not until this year.

Bought a Triumph Speed Triple and was reendorsed through MSF in May.

I *love* the Triple but think that I may eventually want a second bike with serious sport-touring legs. The FJR and Concourse are "nice" but the Busa or ZX-14 would be sexier...if they're pretty comfortable for long distance rides.

I'd ppreciate any comments about this notion. Thanks!

Don

read the post titled "The motorcycle"
beerchug.gif

I rode '72 - 81, Just bought the Busa in September. Rode close to 700 miles today and 900 the last two days.

I'm very, very, very, very,..................... well you get it. HAPPY
biggrin.gif
blush.gif

Buy the Busa and leave the Speed Triple out by the mail box. I'll come take it off your hands..... for free
biggrin.gif

(donbcivil @ Jul. 14 2007,23:15)
(Cblast @ Jul. 14 2007,22:38) read the post titled "The motorcycle"
beerchug.gif
Is it under New Owners or another forum?

Thanks!
you can find it in "general bike related topics"

We've got guys on here who think nothing of running 400-800 miles in a day on these bikes.

Very comfortable, very happy eating highway in huge bites!

The only regret you will have is that you will want to sell the the Triple cause you never ride it any more.

I'am 59 years old, changed seat (Tobin), pegs (TL1000R), bars (helibars) and I do 500 to 600 mile days all the time. Along with 3 to 5 (this year 3
sad.gif
  ), 1000 + mile per day rallys. So, enough said about the comfort. My thought on the comfort matter is, if your body fits the riding style (with minor changes) then it's comfortable. If not, Your not. For me, I'am very UNcomfortable on a Goldwing, but then again a friend and LD riding buddy (77 yrs old) just went to Montana and back last week on his and that's about 3500 miles round trip
beerchug.gif

Dude I hope you make a bash, would love to meet you. Ride on.
super.gif

Yo Don, bought that Busa yet
rock.gif

Back