Possible FI warning with Akrapovic/pc3/BMC race filter

Vindaloobeast

Registered
Hi all,

Seeing as my ideas of fitting the turbo has gone out of the window (insurance related) I am looking to do the next best thing. Anyhow, I am possibly looking to remove the PAIR, fit a full Akrapovic system with carbon hex can, BMC race filter and probably get it set up with a pc3 usb. Flapper mod will not be done.

I have done some digging and there have been lots of complaints about the FI light coming on or error codes flashing up and some of the issues have not been resolved.

Does anyone have an answer..? I recall a diagram somewhere about removing a pin from the ecu..???? Some mistake surely...

It might not happen but if it does I want to be prepared..

Vindy.

"Removing the pin" is in reference to the wire that controls the exhaust servo for the butterfly valve in the midpipe. This valve opens/closes and essitially is there to help keep the front end down in the lower gears.
The Busa(either gen)and non of the aftermarket exhaust made for them have these.
They are found in stock 600/750/1000cc sportbikes.
You should have no issues with the setup you mention either.
ECU Editor at boostbysmith.com is something you should also look into.
It's superior to a PC and you can turn off the pair valve(among many other useful functions), as opposed to removing the pair.
If you get an FI light you can safely jump 2 connections at the capped white plug under the seat, or plug in ECU Editor.
ECU Editor will also give you trouble codes, as well as tell you what they are. As opposed to having to look up the dash displayed trouble code here or in the service manual.
And FYI, I have a BMC race filter, full dual Akrapovic exhaust, and with or without my ecu flashed with the ecu editor, my bike runs great and has not thrown any codes.
No exhaust and airfilter should cause the FI light to come on, assuming you re-use the o2 sensor.
Hope this helps .:beerchug:

Great so Im on the right track. Whats a dual Akra..? So shall I take my chances, fit it and run on the dyno or will it defo need a remap..? Did you remove the PAIR as well....? I like the idea of being able to turn it off...good idea but weight is weight and its coming off..!!!

Great so Im on the right track. Whats a dual Akra..? So shall I take my chances, fit it and run on the dyno or will it defo need a remap..? Did you remove the PAIR as well....? I like the idea of being able to turn it off...good idea but weight is weight and its coming off..!!!

Dual as in 2 mufflers with the Akra header also. There are only a few full aftermarket exhausts for the Busa that have 2 mufflers, as most only use one.
Your bike will run safely with the Akrapovic(and still probably better than stock) without a Power Commander(or any other fuel/ignition management).
A base map in any p.c(or any other)can make small improvements in idle and throttle response, but it's usually not dramatic if noticeable at all.
A dyno tune by a good and reputable tuner is the only way to get your bike to perform it's best. It's not a NEED, but worth doing if affordable.
You'll get a ballpark gain of 10 hp and 5 lb ft of torque with a good tune and full exhaust. It'll vary based on bike, tuner, and exhaust.
Go ahead with your plans, and find a good tuner if that's in your budget. You'll be happy with the results.:beerchug:

My pair valve is still on too.
I did the marble mod(search it if you're unfamiliar, it just blocks the hose).
I later turned it off in ECU Editor. To remove it I'de of had to buy the block off plates for the valve cover.
Personally not worth the money to me for a 1.5 lb weight savings, but fine to do if you like.

Thats ok...Ive got plenty of spare cash because Id been saving for the turbo so I can be a bit flexible. I am extremely fussy so it will all have to be done right or not at all.

Vindy.

Thats ok...Ive got plenty of spare cash because Id been saving for the turbo so I can be a bit flexible. I am extremely fussy so it will all have to be done right or not at all.

Vindy.

If you can't find someone to tune with ecu editor it's still beneficial to have too.
You can turn off the gear and top speed restrictions which is very noticeable.
The ecu editor plugs in too, so nothing remains on the bike other than a 2 wire jumper harness(unless you re-pin which is not needed).
You can still put a Power Commander on as well, to have your fuel and ignition mapped on the dyno by a tuner unfamiliar with ecu editor(have read here before that ecu editor tuners in the UK are scarce).
Hope things work out for you.:beerchug:

I have a 4 into 1 Akropovic, PC3 and BMC filter also. No issues here as well. I ask have custom map for my bike. Pair is plugged and not removed just in case I sell her one day.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back