Possible clutch or master cylinder problem

6gear

Registered
My 00 Busa just turned over to 43K miles and the only problem I have had in the past 10 yrs is 1 blown fuse and had to replace the battery a few times. The problem I am now having is about a week ago I noticed hard shifting and the clutch lever seems to have a lot of freeplay and the clutch seems to engage sooner and not dissengage as easy. I haven't checked anything out yet since this evening it got worse. I shut the engine off and it shifts fine but not easy with the engine running so I am thinking the clutch is not completely dissengaging which makes me think master cylinder problems but I am open for ideas.

Check the fluid level in the clutch master cylinder...sounds like it might be empty.
Posted via Mobile Device

Over time it leaked out of the slave cylinder...near the push rod. If you remove the slave cylinder, you will see where it all went. Unless it is real wet and running down the engine case...no need to worry...just check the fluid level once a year. You could change the push rod seal every year or two, but this is a common Busa problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

you can get the parts you need from bike bandit for somewhere around 100.00 buck. really easy to replace i had the same problem a few week back. (hard shifting popped the res cap and bone dry). but all in all its a quick easy job about 1 hr.

Back