possible chain cure

micbusathens

Registered
is there any possible way to cure my chain if while rotating my wheel by hand with my bike on a rear stand I discover possitions of the wheel .where the chain tightens.
rock.gif

You might be able to use WD-40 or kerosene (prefered) to see if there is some kind of junk that is causing the binding, but if it is tightening up and binding it may just need to be replaced... how many miles/km are on the chain?

Probably about time to replace it...

Mines had a kink since 11.5K and I lube it when it get's noisy about every 600 - 1K miles. +14K now. Guess my next mod will be a chain.
all_coholic.gif

You have busted rollers if it gets loose and tight when you roll it over..What causes this is snatching OR hard excelleration and the chain isnt adjusted right (its loose) then it'll skip over some teeth busting the rollers.

You'll need to replace that one asap,go ahead and replace both sprockets as well.You dont want to put a new chain on those wore sprockets.

make a mark on the sprocket when it tightens if its in the same place each time its a bent tooth on the sprocket and not the chain always try to replace chain and both sprockets at the same time ......

Back