Possible Bad Fuel Pump???

busa1300%

Registered
2000 busa, starts fine..idles fine...doesn't bog down...rode busa 120 mile highway...no problems until after I try restarting bike (a least half n hour later)doesn't start?cranks no start check fuses(fuel) good......after checking busa over (sitting no start attempts) maybe 1hr has past , I try starting bike again before calling tow truck....bike starts!!!!..change plugs back home ..ride today does same thing ..can't hear FPpriming ???

The fuel pump should prime for a few seconds every time you turn the key on.
Listen for it before trying to start it next time.
If it doesn't randomly then I'd imagine it's the fuel pump going out.

busa1300%
I second homernukem, what he mentioned is 100% correct

btw all the details you mentioned helped us pick out the possible issue right away. Great job explaining things!

Hi, have had the same issue with my 2000 busa. Have replaced the entire fuel pump assembly (fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator included), though the problem has reduced considerably but still does the same every now and then (especially if i have a long run in traffic or extreme hard riding). As a last attempt I am getting the atmosphere pressure sensor replaced this weekend, let see if that helps...
PS - please do let me know if you find a solution..

Armeet: so the problem is not only with your Busa, let see if busa1300% is able to fix it. You need to test ride with the new AP Sensor and see if this happens again. Lastly as i told you that day it could be the starter motor which after heating doesnt moves the motor at the desired speed to fire the engine.

PS: Its an electrical fault and not mechanical.

Thanks everyone, sorry for just getting back on my issue on this busa,they say the simplest things are always over looked,with said.......collapse fuel line was the problem....gen1..fuel line design will become a problem....I was certain it couldn't be fuel line so I looked past them right away...since the bike runs excellent... Make sense now heat from the bike collapsed an old fuel line,kink right off the tank...replace with new ones....working fine....gen1 riders...check them hoses

Hi, have had the same issue with my 2000 busa. Have replaced the entire fuel pump assembly (fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator included), though the problem has reduced considerably but still does the same every now and then (especially if i have a long run in traffic or extreme hard riding). As a last attempt I am getting the atmosphere pressure sensor replaced this weekend, let see if that helps...
Did yo

Hey did you replace the fuel lines??

Sounds like vapor lock from the heat under the hood affecting fuel flow. Try wrapping your pump and lines with heat shield.

Back