POS idle screw/spring

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
My 05 drifted down to a hair over 1K, so I went to adjust it for the first time. You can turn the idle up and down with light pressure from an index finger! You can see that it will dance around with vibration and time.

I'm pulling off that POS spring and getting a nut and star lock washer to lock it down after adjusting. I'll post back after a few thousand and let you know.

cussing.gif
Rant: Went for a ride about 7:30 am, nothing but cagers taking their brats to school (married 30 years, no kids, hate 'em). Packed it back home at 8:30, heat index was already way up. Even in a T shirt, I was starting to sweat. Radiator exhaust frying my legs, Waaaaah! Another month before low 90s. Waaaah, I wanna ride damn it! Get the f##k off my street, waaah!

<!--EDIT|FAVahalik
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124805257 -->

Hit the highway. Heat index here was 102 and it didn't stop me. Just be sure to drink lots of water before you ride out.

Hit the highway. Heat index here was 102 and it didn't stop me. Just be sure to drink lots of water before you ride out.
Here in the Metromess, getting to an unclogged highway is arduous. Waaah! Seriously though, the wife and I are looking at moving to CO or Germany. Either way, the change would be awesome.

Quote from Civil War General George Sheridan: "If I owned Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas."

Here in the Metromess, getting to an unclogged highway is arduous. Waaah! Seriously though, the wife and I are looking at moving to CO or Germany. Either way, the change would be awesome.

Quote from Civil War General George Sheridan: "If I owned Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas."
I can recommend Colorado.

I can recommend Colorado.
I'd take Colorado. Temps are nice and the roads are great...

Anyone convert their's to a remote adjuster like some Hondas have?

I adjusted mine on the high side (about 1500) and twisted the spring a bit with my finger. Maybe I released some tension becuase I tried to adjust it back down to 1200 and it has edged back up to 1500 again
smile.gif

Carl

dumb question;
which side has to come off to get to the screw? The old manual shows it just above the oil filler?

Back