Portland Oregon, Saturday June 3, 2000. Be there or be talked about.

OB_Kirk

Registered
I would like to meet those of you in the area and I would very much like to benefit from your experience. I hear the weather is going to be nice this weekend. There is another Bus rider that I met recently that may be there. That will make one blue (mine) and one red (his). Time and location is up for discussion. Who's in?

There are two dragstrips. Woodburn Dragstrip is located between you and I. Portland International Raceway is in the North end of Portland. They are both NHRA tracks, and they both require mufflers. Both have concrete launch pads and time slips have RT, 60', 330', 1/8 (ET & mph), 1000',1/4 (ET & mph), dial, over/under, true win, and your opponent's numbers also. Woodburn has scales. PIR runs a Sunday morning 1/4 mile program each year until Woodburn starts up doing the same, then PIR switches to a Wednesday night 1/8 mile program with a city mandated 10pm curfew. You usually get about 2-3 T/Os, then the temperature drops 20 degrees before the first round. I have never drag raced on a motorcycle, so I don't know about the rules, but it should be whatever the NHRA rulebook says. I don't know the current rules on delay boxes, stutter boxes, creative uses of 3 steps etc.

Back