Portland, Or. chroming.

cache

Banned
I need help finding a shop to chrome my rims in Portland, Vancouver Wa, Seattle, or just about any area in a 200 mile radius of Portland.

I have called around with no luck.
My goal: to find a shop that will swap rims, or that I can physically take my wheels to. If I don't find anything local in one week, I will resort to sending them to SportChrome in Cali. The reason I don't do that right off the bat, the downtime will kill me.
sad.gif

Help anyone?? Other ideas are welcome too.

Chris, i just made the call. There is a place in Portland. just need my buddy to get back to me.

Chris, i just made the call. There is a place in Portland. just need my buddy to get back to me.
I called everywhere in Portland and Seattle. Nobody worth a crap chrome plates aluminum. I even called 4 places in Cali. 2nd cheapest was $375 for front wheel and $350 for the rear.
crazy.gif

I got off the phone with Jon Reed a bit ago. He is gonna take care of me, so don't waste anymore of your time. I am going to take my wheels off on Sunday and ship them south.

Busy as heck here at work today. so lata!

Sorry, but I don't like to leave things hanging.

Oregon Chrome Plating is the place, but can't find a phone number. I will have to go back to my buddy for it.

Sorry, but I don't like to leave things hanging.

Oregon Chrome Plating is the place, but can't find a phone number. I will have to go back to my buddy for it.
I called them yesterday morning. They, as well as the rest of Portland metro chrome plating companies, do not chrome plate aluminum.
My friend had his CBR 1000 wheels done there this year, and said that one of his friend just had his done.

Is it possible that their wheels are not alum. I don't even know what our wheels are actually meade from.

I can't imagine theirs are not aluminum. I guess find out what you can, but don't kill yourself over it. I am 99.9% sure I am going to send mine to SportChrome. I read alot about their previous problems, and what they have done to make their business and products better. Jon is cool, too. He used to live in ptown. Small world.

check it out SportChrome.com

I can't imagine theirs are not aluminum. I guess find out what you can, but don't kill yourself over it. I am 99.9% sure I am going to send mine to SportChrome. I read alot about their previous problems, and what they have done to make their business and products better. Jon is cool, too. He used to live in ptown. Small world.

check it out  SportChrome.com
I thought that you had polished your rims, or did you just do the edges?

check it out  SportChrome.com
I thought that you had polished your rims, or did you just do the edges?
just the edjes... looks like caca if you dont keep them polished. I am chroming, and that's all there is to it!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Back