Port Fueler

turbobusa2000

Registered
Just curious if anyone has any experience with this setup. I'm in the market for a secondary controller and I ran across Hahn's Port Fueler. The port fueler seems like an affordable option because it comes with everything, injectors, fuel rail, regulator, cnc collars that mount to the head and the fuel controller. Really I just like this setup because it is already put together, just want to know if its worth the money, something like 1100.00 smackers. Anybody having opinions on the setup? If I don't get the Port Fueler this spring I'll probably be getting a megasquirt!

i have heard a few not so good things from some car builders
and in my honest opinion has a flawed design that can cause puddling due to firing the injectors directly into the opposing side of the port

I dont know turbo, but your avatar is freakin hilarious.
beerchug.gif

ive never heard anything bad from them, the thing i like about them is that they put the injectors below the throttle bodies unlike most other secondary setups. with the injectors on top its possible to shoot a fuel air mix out the blow off valve

super.gif
AM -->
exzx @ Apr. 05 2008 said:
1363065[/ATTACH] AM]
ive never heard anything bad from them, the thing i like about them is that they put the injectors below the throttle bodies unlike most other secondary setups. with the injectors on top its possible to shoot a fuel air mix out the blow off valve
i will disagree with this
a bov is closed when firing a set of secondaries
the port fuelers fire directly into the other wall of the port which will cause puddling
also the program isnt that advanced and if i remember right doesnt adjust for your altitude
the secondaries i use fire down the port directly above the TB which isnt firing it into the plenum itself but into the TB (which helps with atomization and cooling of the air)

the port fueler is also designed for cars and i know a builder who has had problems with 2 separate sets of these on a neon

super.gif

a way to explain the puddling is to take a spray bottle and mist it at a distance of 6-8 inches from a window or surface
then place is at 1.5-2 inches and see the different pattern it left on the window
this explains the puddling theory

That is an easily recognizable flaw in the port fueler. Guess I'll stick with the MS that I originally planned on getting, just means I'll have to get a get my plenum modded and attain all the appropriate accesories as well.
thumb_up.gif

matt thomas (cycle-tek.com) has the port fueler and seems to like it, all the pics you see on hahn site etc is his bike, he has been 8.80's at 160 mph on a stock wheelbase bike without much seat time.

Back