pops and bangs!!!

Russ W

Registered
I would appreciate some help. I have a busa powered car. It has a K&N air box, and aftermarket complete exhaust. It also has a PC3. As far as i am aware the internals are standard.

The problem is that on tickover and stationary part throttle it pops and bangs. weather the PC3 is connected or not. Under acceleration and deceleration it sounds fine, goes fine. No complaints at all.

Its just this popping. Could there be a simple solution, a sensor need changing? any help is greatly appreciated. I have a decibel limit when i race it and the popping and banging are taking me over the 102db limit.

Russ.

Perhaps the map needs to be adjusted? You may verify that the map is loaded...some folks have reported the PC3 reverting to the default map.

Obviously to much fuel, but that doesn't exactly give you a fix. Make sure the map is for your setup, or better yet take it to a tuner....

Many thanks for the replies. Goes along my same thinking. I have booked the car into a rolling road next wednesday. For what he is charging i expect he will load a map onto it for me.

Ill let you all know the answer next thursday.

Many thanks.

Russ.

Had not thought about that, If the tuner cant resolve it ill re-gap the plugs.

Ill let you all know what we find at the tuners after tomorrow.

Russ.

I would appreciate some help. I have a busa powered car. It has a K&N air box, and aftermarket complete exhaust. It also has a PC3. As far as i am aware the internals are standard.

The problem is that on tickover and stationary part throttle it pops and bangs. weather the PC3 is connected or not. Under acceleration and deceleration it sounds fine, goes fine. No complaints at all.

Its just this popping. Could there be a simple solution, a sensor need changing? any help is greatly appreciated. I have a decibel limit when i race it and the popping and banging are taking me over the 102db limit.

Russ.

Got back from the tuner, and the result is the most stupid thing.

The vacuum tube from the MAP sensor was attached to one of the throttle body's. When it should of been connected to all four. The resulting pulses from the single throttle body was confusing the sensor and making the engine pop and bang.

The tuner said it more thank likely would of been the plugs or plug stick.

The reason it was doing it whether the pc was connected or not was that the person i got the pc from said there was a map on it but there was not any map at all.

Many thanks for all the input from everyone, this forum rocks!!!

Hope that this may help someone else in the future.

Russ.

Back