Popping/dying/stumbling

Sounds like you had a case of varnished / sticky injectors to start with, the above 80% throttle gave you away, sounds like you're on the right track !!! Keep tuning and report...
coolold.gif

After the fresh plugs and that junk tune off of the bike and a stock one back on, she's running like a raped ape so far!

I think one more can of Sea Foam is going in though.

Keep tuning, and keep reporting....interesting watching you solve your performance issues.....BTW Get it running REAL good, here at the O-R-G we don't ride no SH!DDY runnin' Busa's....
coolold.gif

Been having more issues with the bike since the site went down.

Pump is pumping, all is clean/thrown away, no kinked hoses. Still no start.

Bike is at the shop, I advised if it had fuel, it's either air or spark that it's lacking. They're going to load test the battery even though it's at 12.7V. He asked about plugs, which I said were changed out twice since I've owned the bike (less than a month) due to the bad tune in the PCII that's since been taken off. I don't get it, and I'm really upset about purchasing this thing right now.

I'm thinking strongly of selling this thing once it's fixed and getting a K8 or a ZX14 as I've just about had it, it's beaten me. This wouldn't be so bad, except I'm supposed to ride out of town on Friday early afternoon to go racing for the weekend with it.

Right now I'm just beside myself mad as I got off the phone with the shop.

The bike has spark, air, and fuel. The best they got it was to start, idle poorly, then died and wouldn't re-start. They pulled the tank to check spark after, and it still has spark. They checked the "bike down" switch and it's all well and good, so they're at a stopping point. Really what else could it be?

I hate to go pay a shop bill for an un-resolved issue, and at the same time I hate to spend more money at a place that doesn't have all the equipment to check it, and the local Suzuki dealership has a horrible reputation and I don't want to take it there.

How often do ECU's fail? I know they aren't cheap. I mean it's getting fuel to the rail, what else is there? All of the injectors can't be bad causing it to not run, I'm just lost, any help is appreciated.

Well the only thing I could think of is that a rail is plugged, so I contacted the shop to have them fog the air box to see if it would start that way. If it does, there's a fuel delivery issue. If it doesn't, I don't know and may have a cheap 'Busa for sale.....

Back