Popping/Backfiring even with powercommander + map?

umairhashmi

Registered
I recently put a pc3 USB on my bike and downloaded the map for the yoshi bolt on pipes + stock air filter.While the PC3 has GREATLY reduced the backfiring and popping its still there.Is this normal with all aftermarket pipes so should i spend that extra 300 bucks or so for a custom map? Seems to be the worst during gear changes and street riding when the bike is around 5k Rpm or so

Have you done the marble mod?? If not, do a search and you will find out how to do it. Also the pair valve removal will help too!

Have you done the marble mod?? If not, do a search and you will find out how to do it. Also the pair valve removal will help too!
If i get a custom map but no valve/marble mods would the popping n backfiring go away? Im a pretty mechanically dumb person and i know id end up having to pay someone to do those mods

If i get a custom map but no valve/marble mods would the popping n backfiring go away? Im a pretty mechanically dumb person and i know id end up having to pay someone to do those mods
custom map will not get rid of the back fire without marble mod or pair vavle removed.since you just have bolt ons do the marble

the two mods listed above will get rid of or block the system on the bike that pumps fresh air into the exhaust system. It is there to help burn any unspent fuel in the exhaust, hence the popping. If you only have slipons i would just do the marble mod. You dont have to take it to a dealership to do it either. There was a thread on here just recently with pictures and it shows you exactly what needs to be done. The only tools you would need would be the ones in your tool bag. And of course, a marble...

there ya go... thanks psycho... whats that name mean anyway...

I actually just did this mod a couple weeks ago when I put my exhaust on. That is the only reason I had that link handy...LOL It works great.

Psychoticide....just one of those online tags that kind of stuck...I came up with it long ago and I am sure that beer was involved when I did. LOL

Back